Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a difference between a rebuild kit to hold around 800? Or a built trans.or is it the same? Because going with a kit is cheaper than having a trans built? So which would be more reliable or the smartest decision

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Sooo u have done no research at all?

Need to have someone "build" your trans to hold that power. No matter what clutches are available they are only as good as the person assembling them. Do you know the amount of $ it takes to put down 800 hp? Realistically it takes around 15-20k (trans, engine, fuel & air + all the supporting stuff)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes I have done my research and I didn't say I was wanting to put down 800. I'll be fine With 7 I was wondering if there was a difference from a kit to a build.but it's cool to be a jerk about it

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
A Good trans builder person is more important than which kit you install. He will know what to modify and what clutches to use. Also has the knowledge to Diagnose if there are problems.

·
Registered
226 Posts
A Good trans builder person is more important than which kit you install. He will know what to modify and what clutches to use. Also has the knowledge to Diagnose if there are problems.
Just to add to that, most also offer a warranty with their work so you have even more peace of mind. :thumb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts