Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions. I have a low mile nbs truck, lmm with 6 speed. I am doing mods here and there, and i have to face the reality that i should beef up my trans.

I need to know what the best options are. I want to do it soon, before i ruin the stock trans. I have no issues yet, and dont push it hard. I want to be able to keeep doing mods and not worry about the trans though.

What am i looking at?? A whole new built trans, or do i use my existing trans and just replace certain components? I am not doing any truck pulls or anything, but would like to be able to mod, ad tune the heck out of the truck. Will do the occasional drag racing, and lots of heavy footed driving around town.

Lastely.. Who is my best option in illinois? I work for a gm dealer... Do i get a kit and have them install... Or do i bring it to a shop that specializes in building these trans. If its #2... Who has a good recommendation in il.. I am in northeast il, 15 miles west of chicago.

Help a brother out!

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
You will just get new guts for the trans...

Todd Spalding is up in Peoria, if you want to keep it local. He has built a few trans of members on here.

Or Merchant Auto up in Michigan.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Todd built mine this spring and i highly recomend him. my trans is working great. let me know if you want his number.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
todd put a gmax5 in mine. if i had it to do over, i would have him build it to "big dipper's" specs. especially since i still haven't gotten my core money back yet

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Look into DDP in Marengo,IL

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
99 Posts
Who did you end up going to & getting your trans work done? I might be in the market to get my trans beefed up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts