Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 lb7 it was going into limp mode and did it a dozen or more times it was blowing the ING 0 fuse. got it fixed was a wire short over the top of the trans and hasnt done it again. let me go threw what happens in each gear. first gear pulls fine no shifting problems if i let off the throttle still in first gear it doesnt disengage and acts as an engine brake. second and third work seemingly fine forth gear is my main issue i was towing about 7000 lb and my tow haul button isnt working a local chevy tech said its the wires in the collom i took it apart and couldnt see a darned wire the chevy tech also said i shouldnt really have to worry about it unless i hook over 10.000 lb anyways so i was towing around 7000 down the highway at 110 KPH like 65/70 MPH it was either revving 3 grand in forth or like 2100 in OD now i know its not good to shift from forth to OD a lot and the trans basically made up its mind to stay in forth but i didnt really feel comfortable going down the road consistently at like 2000 rpm below the red line. are they all geared this way? or just mine? would a tuner help edge says change shift points and a guy on the local classifieds has one for a few hundred bucks. is the tranny toast? i know limp mode is either hard on the trans or comes on due to wear in the trans everyone says once it does into limp mode get ready for a tranny build is this true even it was nothing of the trans fault and just wiring? there is also a rebuilt trans on the local classifieds for $1400 out of a wreck should i scoop it up? i really cant afford to but if the trans is going in my truck it seems like a good deal. also is a lb7 trans an lb7 trans? mines an 02 the trans is an 04 both lb7's

thanks for any advise.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know when towing its not revving red line but close enough to make me worry. about 2 grand under it. im unsure if there is 2 different red lines for towing and unloaded. maybe im to used to my old 7.3 IDI ford. red line at like 3300 and no power anywhere over 2400 and towing at highway speed at around 2200. thats what im used to of a diesel and maybe its not the same on this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts