Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:helphey guys I got some trouble with my trans. and thought someone could help out. The trouble is that put it in drive and it wont go... in 3rd and second either just in 1st. then when you do put it in 1st then you have to up shift to 2nd it then kicks in and then so on till I get in it to Drive. When I hit the throtle it feels like it kinda slips... it just doesn't feel right almost like it didn't have any power.

When I first bought the truck bought the truck I had a small issue about hitting the throtle a 2000rpm at over 70mph it seems like the power would cut off, but after turning the truck off and and hitting the Deisel pump a few time I would get it to work without a problem. Then after refeuling the truck again the service light would come off... till the next time it would happen.

So if any of you guys have any suggestions on what my problem could be I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you before hand

By the way Im runing my stock trans and engine, and what sucks about it; it's that i just place an order with banks for a six gun tunner, axhaust, air intake and iq display, and now i got to get to the trans. so please give me some info about it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fill out your sig with what truck and set up you are running, people can tell you alot more about what might be wrong
Where do i have to go to fill out my sig? I do want to fill this prtion of my profile out.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
You need to have the codes read- The service light shows that a code is stored in the computer. That will help with the diagnose. Many auto parts will read it for free. :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Codes

:help I got all the shit i order from banks today, so went ahead and install the tuner, intake and IQ screen, once i did this i scaned the truck for codes, and here's what i got

p0093: improer fuel pressure regulator fuel flow or high fuel pressure

p0102: ECM detects that the MAF sensor is less than 0.5 volts. This equals MAF value less than 16 g/s

p0113: IAT sensor signal voltage indicate that the intake air temp is less than -38 c { -36 f}

p0236: boost pressure sensor signal is below the predicted for 39 seconds

p0463: fuel level signal is greater than 98%

U 1000: At least one critical operating parameterhas not been associated with an identification numberwithin about five seconds after beginnig serial data.

Im really new into this diesel world so any help would really nice. stimated repair cost, and the causes of this codes. Im sure some of them are related to the new components i just add today. Thanks:help

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please Help!!!!!!!

:help Again im asking for your expertisse on this matter, really worried about how much i'll be spending on the fix. It's my daily driver, and really dont want to drive it like this at all.:help:help:help:help:help

·
Registered
216 Posts
couldnt tell you much about the codes but 1 get rid of the banks tuner its garbaage and it will only make shit worse 2 try changing the fluids in tranny , transfer case and diff get a tech to check and make sure none of your seals are gone. do this and all the matinence it needs adn then if the problem still exists aybe it is your tranny. the codes though can be off i had my truck throw a whole bunch of codes and it said it was electrical but really my transfer cas needed to be rebuilt so dont always rely on those codes cuz they cant tell what a human can see

·
Registered
52 Posts
DRMX01--Don't be in a hurry to ditch the Banks. You won't have problems from it. From the new install mine threw a couple codes that I think were from the disconnect of the harness and re-hook. After clearing the first batch of codes, mine has been trouble-free.
At first glance it looks like none of your codes are trans related.
If you have the time, page through the Allison Transmission forum on this site. You might find something. At the top of this page click on the "Forums" button in the gray line at the top to jump to the other topic forums.
Still no signature info on your truck. On the thin black line at the top of this page click on "User CP". On the next page, about 10 lines down at the left, click on "Edit Signature". The better info you give, the better your help will be.

·
Registered
52 Posts
With any transmission issue, the first step is to make sure you are running a new spin-on filter on the trans. Go to any Allison service center. They sell that filter for $8.36 including the state tax here in Wisconsin. You got to start with something that basic, especially when it's the cheapest thing you will ever buy for your truck.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info, I just dropp it off in the shop, so tomorrow I'll now for sure what's going on. Im thinking it's my fuel pump or injectors, but I'll give you an update tomorrow, by the way thanks for the time you spend on this info.:rockin

With any transmission issue, the first step is to make sure you are running a new spin-on filter on the trans. Go to any Allison service center. They sell that filter for $8.36 including the state tax here in Wisconsin. You got to start with something that basic, especially when it's the cheapest thing you will ever buy for your truck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Still no truck info in your signature. You're a tough nut to crack. Do you really have a truck? Or is this just some Dog-chasing-his-tail exercise?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still no truck info in your signature. You're a tough nut to crack. Do you really have a truck? Or is this just some Dog-chasing-his-tail exercise?
I did edited my signature, but prabably i have to re adjust my settings

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong but is there a possibility of the NSBU gone bad????
Im hoping that's what it is.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
If your speedo won't work then that's tell tale sign of a bad speed sensor.........Any codes??

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If your speedo won't work then that's tell tale sign of a bad speed sensor.........Any codes??
On the first page of this post there's some code i got on it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so is the speedo working?You say you can reset the SES light after refueling?
Sorry for being so ignorant, but what's the speedo? And yeah most of the time after refueling it goes away, not lately, but if i live the truck off for 3 or 4 hours i'll go away. but once i step on the gas for a while i'll happen again, I went to the shop and the tech told me the cut off problem was my fuel rail overflow valve. but still thinking why the trans did that thing, and didnt dial my gears and wouldnt engage, i scan it rigth after it happen and no trans codes. So for now im going to get the valve. Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.