Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tranny doesn't shift the same after I installed the Diablosport Predator.
It through a code yesterday(po700) and went in to limp home.
has any body else had problems with the diablosport?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
what level are you running? If you run higher than the third level and are driving agressively, it will limp the tranny. It takes the tranny a little while to relearn with the new power added also. When is the last time you changed your fuel filter?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need to add a little more info . I have an 2002 gmc duramax 100400miles 265 tires aem intake and 4inch exhaust. I was running the programmer in the economy tune 65hp/150lbstq. when it po the trany. diablo told me that it was because I have that may miles on it and I should try the tow tune.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I dont know about the tranny goin in to limp mode by adding 85hp+, mine never has. Sometimes things just don't jive right. Maybe send it back or sell it and try something else. Hard to say. Good Luck with it though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
How long have you owned the truck? I have seen trucks that have had the tranny just dogged on for 75000 with a good stack of boxes, the truck will then barely shift without going into limp. Then the guys take off the boxes right before they trade the truck in and believe it or not they don't shift terrible. But when you throw a box back on it at 100000 it get's grumpy. I would say it's possible that your trans is just hurting. It shouldn't be if previous owners were responsible.

LBZ Farm Truck when is that last time you had a truck with 100,000 on it?
I agree that 85 HP shouldn't limp it, but with anything used your don't know for sure what your getting.

sdwalleyes if you've owned the truck since it was new and this is your first box it should definetly not be doing this

·
Registered
16 Posts
ive got an 03 with 70xxx and ive never went above the 65 hp tune and ive noticed a difference in the way mine shifts so i restored the factory tune last night im gonna let it go a couple days then try it again

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I need to add a little more info . I have an 2002 gmc duramax 100400miles 265 tires aem intake and 4inch exhaust. I was running the programmer in the economy tune 65hp/150lbstq. when it po the trany. diablo told me that it was because I have that may miles on it and I should try the tow tune.
So, have you ever changed the tranny fluid or the external spin-on filter? If not, I would do that. Change over to a good synthetic like mobil 1 or transynd.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
So, have you ever changed the tranny fluid or the external spin-on filter? If not, I would do that. Change over to a good synthetic like mobil 1 or transynd.
Transynd is pretty expensive. Amsoil offers the Torque Drive fluid that meets the TES-295 spec from allison for extended drains for a much lower price. Almost half, actually.
The info can be found below -

Amsoil Torque Drive ATF

I hear Transynd runs about $40 a gallon. Amsoil is about half that. And Darned good oil!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm the 3rd owner of this truck. I know the first two very well the truck never pulled any thing heaver the a boat or a car on a car trailer and it as had very go service and has never been chiped both guys are very anal about how they take care of things. I think I'm going to send the chip back on monday and try a bullydog.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Transynd is pretty expensive. Amsoil offers the Torque Drive fluid that meets the TES-295 spec from allison for extended drains for a much lower price. Almost half, actually.
The info can be found below -

Amsoil Torque Drive ATF

I hear Transynd runs about $40 a gallon. Amsoil is about half that. And Darned good oil!

Yes, amsoil is good oil. I don't know where you get your prices on transynd, but I have seen it about $30 a gallon. It's all pretty close in price for when you break it down though. I just decided on Mobil 1 synthetic since that's what my dealership uses.

·
Registered
134 Posts
How long have you owned the truck? I have seen trucks that have had the tranny just dogged on for 75000 with a good stack of boxes, the truck will then barely shift without going into limp. Then the guys take off the boxes right before they trade the truck in and believe it or not they don't shift terrible. But when you throw a box back on it at 100000 it get's grumpy. I would say it's possible that your trans is just hurting. It shouldn't be if previous owners were responsible.

LBZ Farm Truck when is that last time you had a truck with 100,000 on it?
I agree that 85 HP shouldn't limp it, but with anything used your don't know for sure what your getting.

sdwalleyes if you've owned the truck since it was new and this is your first box it should definetly not be doing this
my 05 had 15000 on it and it went to limp mode with a POS Edge Juice, so what makes the difference. if it has 15000 or 115000, it doesnt just depends on the software and the truck.:drink

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Synthetic Dextron/mercon. That's what the dealership uses in all the vehicles. I just let them service the tranny so I had documentation of it. I will probably do it myself next time. I know that if I become a preferred customer for amsoil, it will be cheaper, but I did see that stuff you taked about at $38 a gallon before the discount. By the time I pay for shipping, It will be more than that or close to that price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts