Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on my drive home today on the highway my 06 tc sounded a bit louder then normal. I switched to manual mode and it was in 6th and I could not shift to any lower gear. I came to a stop at my exit and went to start again and it was barely moving I switched to manual again and it showed 6th gear. Switching to lower gear did nothing. It was moving barely at 2k then eventually got back up to speed. NSBU? Trans never got hot or anything. I should have checked if I had rreverse but I was in a hurry

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Checked next morning all worked fine again no issues. Im going to change the fluid and internal filter its been about 80k since last. Should i throw some seafoam in it before draining maybe silenoid is getting sticky?
I reached out to Mike L as he built the trans he said look for codes i had no trans related codes just a glow plug code. I had a generator code like from alternator maybe going out. Could this cause trans issues???? I dunno. Stumped

1 - 2 of 2 Posts