Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently rebuilt my trans in my 06 LBZ and I wasn’t able to do a relearn with a snap-on Solus ultra. It would clunk and shake but wouldn’t complete the park relearn procedure. Which doesn’t allow you to do the drive relearn. Drives decent shifts hard on two gears by everything else is butter. I swapped TCU/TCM’s with a good one and same issue. Could my EFI Live be stopping it from relearning or is it most likely bad wiring. From Iowa so could very well have corroded or worn wires. Anyone have any answers? Rebuilt trans with the work series kit from merchant automotive w/ upgraded valve body and single disc converter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
might sound silly, but I had an issue with a dead battery that I had ran down leaving the stereo on once. Truck wouldnt shift proper at all. Disconnected battery and installed new one on a mechanics advice. Apparently the low voltage of the old battery put the tranny in limp mode, disconnecting it cleared its memory and new battery made it all work proper again. Note, it goes into factory reset and computer needs to relearn driving habits until it shifts proper--about a 100 miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts