Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got some codes, havent read them yet, but the transmission wont shift out of first, and the indicator on the dash that has the little circle around the selected gear (drive, neutral, reverse, or park) doesnt show up on all the selections only on reverse and a few others. also the door locks wont open anymore when i shift into park. Does all this sound like to be symptoms of a nbsu switch?? all help is much appreciated

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I scanned the codes and got a p0700 (trans control system malfunction) and a p0708 (trans range sensor circuit high). Does anyone have any idea what these could be, could they support my theory that the neutral safety backup switch is bad?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For what it is worth I bought the truck with about 141500 immediately did trans fluid change and now the truck has almost 145000. Could it be my fluid and filter?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you. it seemed to just happen over night which i thought was weird

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I just got my nbsu switch from merchant automotive. Most people talk about theirs from Allison costing around 300 dollars. I paid 100 for mine from merchant and this is a genuine Allison product came in the Allison box and everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts