Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok about two weeks ago I pulled the tranny and put the two copper bushings on the lower pump house bolts. I now have a leak where the transfer case meets up to the tranny. I was told to use a liquid gasket by the deal because they didn't have the gasket. What are the odds that I ruined the rear gasket on the tranny, or is it just a bad seal between the transfer case and tranny?

It's been leaking a fair amount over the last two weeks and I think it is about 1/2 quart low. Since I put in the TranSynd, I'm having a hard time getting it up to operating temps to check the fluid. I was under the impression that area between the case and tranny should not be getting fluid, so does that mean there is a bad seal? Help me please and thank you.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I checked for a hole when I had it out and the area pump rub would be happening is dry. It is only up by the seal. I didn't think fluid got into that part of the t case without a seal being bad. Should there be fluid in that part of the t case?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts