Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the way back from camping i noticed oil covering the bottom side of my truck. Seal at the output shaft of the transfer case was leaking badly, replaced seal. Couple days later noticed small leak still. Seems there is too much play at the driveline going into the t-case. I haven't had it apart before but im guessing im due for a bushing or bearing. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and im sure it has something to do with the lift. I'm already planning on traction bars.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
TTT. My rear output shaft is also leaking. I thought I read there was a replacement yoke or something from GM that they covered?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
merchant auto carries all of the seals that you could ever possibly need for a transfer case. dunno if it helps or not though lol

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Will I have everything apart to do the plate or close? Suppose to do it Monday and don't think I could get a plate here by Monday afternoon.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Mine is leaking to where could I get a new yoke anyone know ???

·
Registered
493 Posts
Mine is leaking to where could I get a new yoke anyone know ???
i ended up getting mine from gm.around here,mass,i was told is gm spec'd spicer unit.

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Will I have everything apart to do the plate or close? Suppose to do it Monday and don't think I could get a plate here by Monday afternoon.
Just the back half, get some huge snap ring pliers.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Anyone know if the seal is better designed now or do I need a new yoke? Don't want to throw a $45 seal in there if its still gonna leak.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Anyone know if the seal is better designed now or do I need a new yoke? Don't want to throw a $45 seal in there if its still gonna leak.
i would say no mine was leaking before and i replaced the seal went for a drive still leaking so i gotta buy a new yoke

·
Registered
83 Posts
GM put a service bulletion out for a updated nickel coated yoke. I am sure your bushing in the rear is smoked too. Every duramax tcase needs to have the yoke updated. The suck part is most place and the dealer are 300-400.. We can help you out for alot less money. Andrew I will PM a number to call and we can help you out, as we are also in Wisconsin most likely near you?

·
Registered
83 Posts
most likely from the yoke not having the nickel coating on it.. BTW i sent you a PM

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pull the driveline and pop the seal out the back of the case. simple to do. I replaced the seal, which was $89 bucks from the local dealer. Still leaking the next day, seal most likely wont fix it.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Going through the same issue and was told by one of the Site Sponsors to replace the yoke, the seal and while the drive line was out to do both U joints. Parts are available at Napa

1 - 16 of 16 Posts