Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and i did his front and rear driveshaft u-joints the other nite and now he is hearing a clicking kinda noise when shifting into reverse, i laid under the truck while he did it (he thought it was the u-joint on the front of the shaft we put in the other nite cuz it went together kinda hard so we put another new one in and it still did the same thing) and to me it seemed to be something in the transmission like something not engageing right or something, anyone else ever have this problem? thanks.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
does the dash say range shift inhibited or no

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
My buddy just had to put new motor mounts in his LBZ cause it was makin a noise like that when takin off. We thought it was u joints at first but turned out one of the mounts was destroyed. Worth a look I guess. I know you said it was doin it sittin there goin in reverse though...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I layed under the truck while he shifted from park to reverse and its not the u joints moving its the entire yolk like its skipping teeth inside the case, i dont know if its electronically shifted inside the tranny and the shifting mechanism or something isnt working right or stripped? IDK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts