Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I was wondering what everyone does with the transfer case after adding more power to the truck? Can it hold all the extra power some of you are putting through them? Are stronger than I think or is there some sort of kit for them as well? Just curious. Trying to get things lined up to beef the drivetrain before I go wild on the PPE tuner.

Ryan

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
It will take alot abuse, THere is a transfer case brace you can get from suncoast to help support it under lots o power. its good insurance for sled pulling and dragracing but FYI the strongest running pulling dmax truck out there dosent run one!!!!!

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's cool. i was just wondering that. What's the better bang for the buck on a built tranny for a LBZ? I know there are a few out there. I don't think i wanna do a kit. I'd like to do it right the first time. And do they have a core charge when you do a tranny? Will it still have the tap shift or does that have to be taken out?

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
It will still have tap shift! If you want to install it your self you could buy one directly from ATS or suncoast or IIRC Mike L will send you one ready to go. Or someone like crank it up will do an install in one day while you wait!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts