Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if they make a kit for the LML tranny's? Is it the same as the LMM?

Thanks in advance

·
born country
2,427 Posts
mike L has something i believe, it's not like the transgo though.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Whats the point of a shift kit? Good tunes and a few bolt ons and the trans is maxed out and youll need a rebuild anyway..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
381 Posts
^^^ I always wondered the same thing... Besides the fact that a transgo is only what?? 60 bucks? It can't hurt.

·
born country
2,427 Posts
because the transgo improves mainline pressure at wot through bleed off, th check balls open and beeds pressure to the mainline. it will help you hold power, really stupid not to do one.

·
Registered
381 Posts
because the transgo improves mainline pressure at wot through bleed off, th check balls open and beeds pressure to the mainline. it will help you hold power, really stupid not to do one.
I always heard it was pointless on the 5 speeds. True or not??

Sorry OP... Didn't mean to derail ya!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
The LML has a shift kit from the factory much like the Transgo jr. There is nothing else you can do to the valve body. Try and install a Transgo jr and you will be on your way to the dealer via flatbed and a voided warranty.
I have a pump pressure mod which is installed in the pump and regulated at the valve body. It firms up the shifts. It will go on sale in about 2 weeks. It will be priced like the Transgo jr.

·
born country
2,427 Posts
The LML has a shift kit from the factory much like the Transgo jr. There is nothing else you can do to the valve body. Try and install a Transgo jr and you will be on your way to the dealer via flatbed and a voided warranty.
I have a pump pressure mod which is installed in the pump and regulated at the valve body. It firms up the shifts. It will go on sale in about 2 weeks. It will be priced like the Transgo jr.
that's it, wasn't sure what it was but knew it wasn't like the transgo.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^Awesome. I will be looking out for it.

·
born country
2,427 Posts
I always heard it was pointless on the 5 speeds. True or not??

Sorry OP... Didn't mean to derail ya!
you have to pull the trans to put the full transgo in, might as well build it when you're that far in.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What can the LML's tranny take for hp stock? I heard they can do a little better than the LMM's

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
What converters have you tried with the LML mike?
I had a custom converter built for my truck and it improved low end power but didn't really solve the problem of the so called dead pedal. After talking to IdahoRob, I will be waiting for his tune to show up as he has made progress with a lot of the issues concerning this.
I am now testing a Suncoast 1058 in my truck and like it. It has always been my favorite SC converter. When I get Rob's tune I think the truck will come alive.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
What can the LML's tranny take for hp stock? I heard they can do a little better than the LMM's
They've been holding 500hp if you don't beat on them too much. You have to remember they work off of 80 psi of pressure and spike pressure on upshifts and downshifts only. At WOT they will spike to 250 psi for 5 seconds then drop back to 80 psi while you're still on the throttle. Kinda scary.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They've been holding 500hp if you don't beat on them too much. You have to remember they work off of 80 psi of pressure and spike pressure on upshifts and downshifts only. At WOT they will spike to 250 psi for 5 seconds then drop back to 80 psi while you're still on the throttle. Kinda scary.
Alright. Would buying just a converter be advantageous to hold me over until I can afford the full built trans?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Alright. Would buying just a converter be advantageous to hold me over until I can afford the full built trans?
A converter will not help much. Untill the low end throttle response is fixed; you may have trouble spooling your turbo at high altitudes with and aftermarket converter out there. This is especialy true if you tow heavy loads at higher altitudes.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
High altitude is not a problem here lol. Pretty much all the land around me is at sea level. The biggest hill I tow up is in Michigan. Only about a mile long and not too terribly steep

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.