Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have plans to havr my trans built this fall maybe next spring (whenever funds allow). my question is, woulf it be worth while to install the transgo jr. shift kit until then. Or just put that couple hundred bucks towards the rebuild?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
definitely worth it! imo also depends on what kit you go with. Most come with transgo jr's so you could sell it when you get the kit

·
Registered
143 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but what exactly does the transgo jr kit do? I've heard of them, but what are the benifits? what would I notice? when should I think about getting one?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
not 100% sure but i think it just changes the pressures or something like that. Im probably wrong but thats the first thing that came to mind. As far as when to do it, I would say do it if you have a tuner or extra hp at all

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
It changes a spring out, which I think changes your pressure for shifting against the clutch packs. Gives smoother and faster up shifts and downshifts. Defiantly worth it, but most rebuild kits also come with a transgo r so you might end up with 2

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4 Posts
TransGo Jr----FEATURES: Corrects/Prevents/Reduces:Goes to neutral under load; 3-4 slip; burned C2 or C3 clutches; sticks in one gear; won't move after extended parking; loss of pump prime; smart clutch control valves for increased durability; SHORT-CRISP-SMOOTH-upshifts and kickdowns. Handles 500 Street Horsepower.

When they say 500 street horsepower, they are talking 500 at the crank, and that is possibly a slight over-estimate.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
The search function needs to be used. This topic has been covered THOUSANDS of times. Any questions you have about the trans go jr has been answered before.

Trans go jr increases pressure to the c3/c4 clutch packs resulting in a little more holding power in that area. Dont expect a miracle by just adding a trans go, but in my opinion it is well worth its little price tag.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but what exactly does the transgo jr kit do? I've heard of them, but what are the benifits? what would I notice? when should I think about getting one?
I've heard the LML's came with one from the factory. So you don't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I've heard the LML's came with one from the factory. So you don't have to worry about it.
Thats what I thought originally, apparently there is a lot more small changes in the LML tranny than initially thought, lots of small magical things that make it stronger than the LMM tranny, both internally and in the TCM programming.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts