Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new LBZ CP3 in my LB7 and new fuel junction block and turbo horn milled out while I was at it. Broke it in. Hooked up my Banks Six Gun and right off the bat my tranny threw the P0700 and P0735. I'm not towing anything besides a fishin boat or atv so I'm not abusing it too horribly. Only other mods I've got are cold air and 4" SS exhaust. Thinking about dropping tranny and getting the transgo sk and slapping it back in if y'all think it'll hold the extra 150 hp and 385 tq. Thanks for any advice:drink

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
From what ive been told to do a full transgo on an LB7, or any 5 speed alli for that matter, you have to remove and dissasemble a good majority of the tranny. And at that point there would be no reason to go back with stock clutches and convertor.

·
Registered
577 Posts
rebuild

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that's what I figured but it won't be so bad. I can do the rebuild myself mainly if I just new what parts for my application. Haven't built one up for a Duramax so what I need to know now is what brand/type of clutch packs and torque converter do I need to look at?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts