Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 Duramax with a recently rebuilt allison.It has a new billit tourqe converter, upgraded valvebody,high friction clutches,and rebuilt silenoids. It also has a TTI programer,airraid cold air induction with a ram air hood. It makes in access of 500 hp.The tranny holds good 1st thru 4th but in overdrive at about 70-75 if you began to accelerate at half throttle it slips and shift range prohibitted appeares downshifting to 4th. The check engine light appears with code P0735 which is incorrect 5th gear ratio. I was wondering if one of the pressure silonoids or tourqe converter might be the problem?:help

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
^^^^^^^^^+1. I have to (unfortunately) agree w/ Honda here. Sounds like whoever built it or whatever they used to build it ain't quite good enough!!!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Been there done this.................its toasted man.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Customax, fill out your sig! What tuner are you running? TTI??? Not sure I'm familiar, but it must be pretty tough for 500hp! I wanna know more! :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Customax, fill out your sig! What tuner are you running? TTI??? Not sure I'm familiar, but it must be pretty tough for 500hp! I wanna know more! :)
Yeah me too, seems like everyone has a 500hp Duramax?????

·
Registered
844 Posts
My Evo Race is on level 4 so I'm right about 550hp myself....... :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
found the problem with the tranny. After changing the speed sensor on the tranfer case went out and showerd down on it again with the code reader connected and it was indicated that there was insuficient fluid pressure on the clutch assembly. Found larger high presure silonoids to replace the ones in the valvebody which in thereselves were higher pressure than stock. Will install them as soon as they get here and post the results.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
What???????

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
found the problem with the tranny. After changing the speed sensor on the tranfer case went out and showerd down on it again with the code reader connected and it was indicated that there was insuficient fluid pressure on the clutch assembly. Found larger high presure silonoids to replace the ones in the valvebody which in thereselves were higher pressure than stock. Will install them as soon as they get here and post the results.
There are no higher pressure solenoids.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I really dont know what to say here.................... :rolleyes:

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
Lmao...............

·
Registered
844 Posts
If he will keep communicating this post will be EPIC!

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
wow
:popcorn

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
i think im in as much awe as everybody else.

He must have found them when searching for a carbon fiber compressor wheel

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
The upgrades to the trim solenoid are part of the transgo kit. Unless you're builder didn't install a transgo kit

1 - 18 of 18 Posts