Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 d-max with the allison in it. I have recently been pulling heavy loads including a 10 ton trailer wiht a 15,000lb lift on it and have been pulling 20ft. chopper boxes loaded. Recently it has been leaking trans. fluid but no one seems to know where its coming from. Took it to the dealer and they told me it was comming off the vent. But now tranny temp gets warm and when i pull something it goes into the 210 to 225 temp range and runs in the high 100's durring normal driving. If anyone has any ideas on what is going on please help the local dealers tell me theres nothing wrong and untill the check engine light comes on theres nothing they can do. so any help or ideas would be greatly welcomed.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I would change your spin-on filter and possibly the fluid since you got it pretty warm. Are you using tow/haul when you get the high temps? When is the last time your tranny was serviced? How does the fluid look and smell? It sounds like the fluid level is high and it is venting it. Have you crawled under to do some looking of your own? Well, Welcome to the forum...it's too bad that you have to look for help like this right off the bat.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
I would change your spin-on filter and possibly the fluid since you got it pretty warm. Are you using tow/haul when you get the high temps? When is the last time your tranny was serviced? How does the fluid look and smell? It sounds like the fluid level is high and it is venting it. Have you crawled under to do some looking of your own? Well, Welcome to the forum...it's too bad that you have to look for help like this right off the bat.
Ditto to what ob_1jr said...
first off welcome to the forum..
i would deffently get a new external tranny filter and also a new internel filter along with new fully synthectic tranny oil from amsoil,i had some of the same problems but it didn't leak fluid,my 05 tranny would get warm real easy so i switch to fully synthectic amsoils along with a deep pan and i found out if it is over filled or doen't have enough oil it will heat up quicker..while i think about it when i did the deep pan and the synthectic oil it drop my tranny temps by 30* to 40*..good luck and these are just some thoughts i had

1 - 3 of 3 Posts