Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how hard is the pump rub fix to do and does anyone have a diy of it??

and for a transgo jr how hard is that and is there a diy on it that anyone knows of

thanks josh

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
They are easy. Both should come with instructions

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
The pump rub is really easy - just need a certain snap-ring pliers. I found my instructions on Merchant Automotive website.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ scott was yours at all close are u gald you did it ? how many miles did you have when done ?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
115 Posts
cant see pics cause im not a fnning member
In the amount of time it took you to write this you could have been a member with pictures :drink

Can you tell me where you got your rub kit? Sounds like I should be putting this in as well.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is it free i didnt even check.??? and i was either going with merchant automotive or ppe i havent got one yet i was just thinkin it would be best to do when we rip my truck apart to put this lift and drivline and shit in

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
^^^ scott was yours at all close are u gald you did it ? how many miles did you have when done ?
Mine was worn right thru. Leaked all fluid out one day, noticed it on the front of my trailer when I got home. Ordered the back half of the case, got it in 3 days and put it in the next. Took about 3 hours to do w/ one other person helping. Not hard at all. My truck had about 135k on it then.

Just be sure whomever you get the case half from that they include the pump rub kit w/ it. It's basically a spacer that prevents it from happening again.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah .......ok thanks man im just wondering what all i need to take off to get to it

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Pull front and rear driveshafts, then unbolt it. Sort of have to twist it outta there. After that it's just split the case halves (13 bolts IIRC), a wierdo snap-ring inside. Open it up and install the rub plate and put them back together. The kit I got came w/ everything I needed besides the snap-ring pliers.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^that was from merchant auto

1 - 14 of 14 Posts