Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2007 lmm an i keep getting P0700 codes while idling warming up in the morning,have to clear the codes off before i can drive, its good all day after the codes are cleared, i got transmission fluid pressure sensor A circuits, stuck selenoids, transmission components slipping. an drives perfect every time after codes are cleared, i was having stuck selonoid c before an i got a built tranny now with a precision triple lock torque converter, red alto discs, an the transgo shift kit, ran good all summer was anywhere from stage five to seven on the edge, hauled trailers on lower settings never an issue, tranny runs cool, but when it got cold in the mornings the codes started popping up, getting real annoyed with it, after i changed the tranny fluid an filters it seemed to be good for two days, then back to same thing, heard about the ignition switch might be sending low voltage is this actually a fix i dont wanna be throwing money around at it for no reason, last couple weeks my old mans stock 07 started doing the same thing :help

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm new to Duramax's and not sure if this would help, however I had a 07.5 Cummins, when the weather would change and battery would get low it would throw all kinds of codes. Throttle position sensor malfunction ect..ect. and would run all jacked up. After changing the battery it was like nothing ever happened. might be worth a try??

·
Registered
247 Posts
ha same problem here. got a suncoast this summer and all has been good till cold weather came. takes nearly 20 mins for tranny fluid to warm up to where the truck will move and i get codes out the ass.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Mine did that too, it was -15*F, Im pretty sure its a low voltage issue from what others have had. When its cold out your intake heater and glow plugs will suck down weak batteries for too long.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
The only time ever get any trans related codes (e.g. P0700) and reduced power occurs in
-10F and beyond weather.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Running interstate batteries that aren't even a year old yet.. Doubt it's that. The weather here is in the 20-30s so I'm not sure why I'm having this issue

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine also does this when the trans temp is under 30°. It will do it when I try to drive before the trans is to 30. On very cold days (around 0°) it will toss the codes before taking it out of park.

Mine has original batts and has been run for long periods on only one for extended periods of time. Is new batteries a legitimate fix? Or will it do the same thing a year later?

·
Registered
258 Posts
So what exactly does the truck do if you don't clear the codes? Mine shifts like its in tow haul mode. And I started getting the P0700 code last night. I want to clear the codes but don't know how, I had autozone scan it but they didn't clear them.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Running interstate batteries that aren't even a year old yet.. Doubt it's that. The weather here is in the 20-30s so I'm not sure why I'm having this issue

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Having a similar problem when temp in 20s and dont let warm up long enough. Mine happens just while driving, then no codes, but "Engine Power is Reduced" msg pops-up. Was wondering why, no problems before mods done.

·
Registered
152 Posts
So what exactly does the truck do if you don't clear the codes? Mine shifts like its in tow haul mode. And I started getting the P0700 code last night. I want to clear the codes but don't know how, I had autozone scan it but they didn't clear them.
Shift range inhibited and won't move. You have to buy a scanner to clear them. And also an edge CTS does not clear or read tranny codes.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Shift range inhibited and won't move. You have to buy a scanner to clear them. And also an edge CTS does not clear or read codes.
Edge CTS does read and clear codes on my 06 LBZ...pretty sure it will on newer trucks too

·
Registered
485 Posts
Edge CTS Insight will read and clear codes on an LMM, I have one and I have the same issue. The Allison is very finicky on cold start up. If voltage is too low, it throws the generic P0700 code. I have been told that it could be an issue with the ECM and TCM not communicating correctly because of the low voltage. I will be load checking my batteries soon. I will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Edge CTS does read and clear codes on my 06 LBZ...pretty sure it will on newer trucks too
Edge only shows p0700 which is a genrric TCM code. It won't tell you how many or what ones the TCM is throwing.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Edge only shows p0700 which is a genrric TCM code. It won't tell you how many or what ones the TCM is throwing.
Need to be a bit more specific next time, you're correct. The CTS will not read TCM codes, just the 0700 code which is the TCM telling the ECM that there is a code stored in the TCM.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Finally had the chance to load test my batteries this morning. Each one seperate with the cables undone. Each battery showed 12.2 volts to start. Load applied and after 10 seconds the each showed 9.8 volts. I have the original batteries in my truck, so it is probably time for new ones. I hope that this takes care of my problem. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Batteries did not fix my issue. Did it again this morning about a block away from home. When mine goes to shift from first to second, it just acts like it misses a gear and revs. Check engine light comes on and gives me the P0700 code. I have talked with a shop here and I am going to get the problem checked.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Did you check for corrosion around the terminals? I had some on my positive battery cable next to the fuse box. Cleaned it up and sprayed some protection sealant on it and it took care of my issue. Took 3 start cycles to clear the engine light.

·
Registered
485 Posts
No corrosion anywhere on my cables.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Any updates on this? Is there a fix?

·
Registered
107 Posts
NSBU switch can act funny and cause some codes as well. Its a cheap easy switch to replace. Worth a shot...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts