Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I currently own a 2009 Gmc 3500 with 182k on it. I recently had the check engine light with the following codes p0708, p0706, p0894, and p2669. The indicator on the dash for gear selection also disappeared . The truck shifts terribly when starting from stopped and intermittently loses power, worse in reverse, but seems to run fine at higher speeds. I changed the external nsbu on my 03 sierra for the same reasons and it fixed that problem. I’m concerned with changing the IMS on my 09 as I am reading that these rarely fail because they are internal and it sounds like the TCM causes a lot of problems along these lines in these years?. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
TCM was more an '11 issue.

Moved to Transmission for more help.

·
Premium Member
10,656 Posts
Mike L was on a thread the other day stating that he was seeing more of the 08 to 2010 models coming in with TCM problems.

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Interesting.

With the experience of home PCs crapping out in short time, I'm amazed any module on the truck lasts as long as they do, and in the massive heat too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. After many hours researching I’m going to give it my best guess and put a new IMS switch in. Anyone know if I absolutely have to drop the valve body to get at it or can it be done with the valve body in place? I’m not to excited to open that can of worms if bot necessary. If I do have to drop the valve body, is there any special considerations because I don’t want to create more problems for myself. Thanks in advance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts