Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just got to work and when i pulled out of my street thismorning it was about 45* and it was cold... I was stoped waiting to pull out onto the road and when i did i was half way in both lanes and the truck went to shift into 2nd gear and it just reved up to 3,000 rpm i let off the gas and let the RPMs drop back down to 1500 and tryed again and still nothing. I let back off the gas to let the truck go back down to idle and it then shifted into second gear. This has happened two other times but i thought it was just due to wet ground.. but today it was dry..

My DriveTrain warrenty is up either this month or next and the darn thing does it every once in awhile. I really dont wanna take it to the dealer because it does not do it all the time and i know the only way they would fix it is if it does it for them.

Does anyone have any idea's. Also there are no check engine lights or anything.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Have you checked your fluid level? Mine did a similar thing when it was low on fluid.

Sent from my Droid using the AutoGuide app while not driving...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No i have not yet. I need to start the truck and let the fluid warm up for a while and i will check it and post back.

***EDIT****

After letting my truck sit running for 30mins the trans got warm but not hot due to the fact i could not go driving right now because im at work.. but regardless i pulled the dip stick while it was running and there was bearing any fluid on the stick... it was under the lowest cold line... now i know it needs fluid... The Dealer said it was fine.. i dont even think they checked it, when i had it in for its oil change. There are no leaks so idk where els it could go you know.

At lunch today im going to go get 2qrts of fluid from the dealer. and drive the truck home after work and add the fluid.. i want it to be hot first.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
You should check for codes-- does sound like low fluid.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Better get more than two quarts. I don't know where that much fluid would go to. But some could leak out of the cooler lines up by the front of the truck at the cooler. They're known to leak when it starts getting cold.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i will see how much they are i will get 5 if its not going to kill me i have 1qrt at home unopened... im also going to by some break clean and spray down the trans and drive it check to see if it is leaking... also my hose's arnt leaking anymore they where brand new as of july... if they do start im going to be pissed.

The reason i said i was going to clean everything is due to my accident i had in may.. the trans cooler got taken out.. and when they Pulled my truck to my house... all the fluid went all over the underside of the truck..

Also does anyone know if Drivetrain warrenty will cover leaking trans's? if it does have a leak some where? I would think it should but it would not supprise me if it did not.. when i first got my truck the hose's upfront where leaking.. one guy told me they where covered.. then i take it in to have them fixed and they want 1200 to do it.. im like WTF.. so i put it off.. then wrecked it lol... there new now.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Only the 3yr/36k part will cover the leaky cooler lines. But you'll have a 12 month/12k mile warranty on your current ones if theyre from GM.

The powertrain warranty should cover leaky trans seals. It covered both front diff output seals on my truck so I imagine it'd cover the tranny leaking if it in fact is, I doubt it is though. They probably didn't refill the trans after repairing the cooler and lines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts