Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So , I think I hurt my truck tonight .
Under decent acceleration , hit 65-70 mph and was like it hit neutral for a second and then went back down into 4th and stayed there and the MIL came on as well . I checked the codes (going by memory here) P0700 - MIL request and I can't remember the other code number but the description was Control Pressure Solenoid A stuck open . I cleared the codes , got back out on the road and it seemed fine through all gears under the same acceleration as previously attempted , up the highway a little further I gave her a little squeeze again and the same thing , dropped a gear and MIL comes on . This time it was the P0700 - MIL requested and a P0735 - Gear 5 Incorrect Ratio .
Is this indeed the dreaded limp I have read about ?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes indeed, that my friend is limping your transmission. Be easy on it in the 4-5 up shift and 5-4 down shift. Also don't get on it hard in 5th gear as it sounds like you were doing. Now that it's been limped it will be easier to limp again. How big of a tune were you on when it limped?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
90 hp

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess the next question is what kit I need to put into it .
Best bang for the buck kit , I don't ever plan on making a 1000 hp , but I wouldn't making making more than what I have now maybe down the road and I like doing a job only once .
Any recommendations ?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Call Andrew @ suncoast

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Can be slipping clutches--- or caused by the transfer case -- speed sensor-- or worn transfer case. Pull the drain plug from the TC --see if it has metal in the oil.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Not doubting you jc1843, but can you explain how the t-case can be the culprit ?
Is there clutches in there that can slip ? I have heard of the pump rub issue but I thought that would cause a loss of fluid and the destruction of the t-case . Or is it filings on the sensor throwing the reading out ?

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
The P0735 code is set when the output speed does not match the input speed expected by the TCM.

The speed sensor is located in the rear of the transfer case. The TCM does not know the difference --Trans or Transfer case.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So you are saying that the slippage can be in either the tranny or transfer case ?
Or metal shavings can cause the reading of the transfer case speed sensor to get a little scoogey ?

I'm pretty sure that given the circumstances , something slipped .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts