Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey it’s Andrew I have a 2004.5 lly the truck has a Ppe stage 4 tranny has been deleted and tuned with a dsp5 switch for 7 or 8 years never had a problem the transmission through the pu0101 code and my dash Guage’s weren’t working neither were my windows I took the truck to oreillys to have them check the batteries they said they were good so after prally 5 hours of reading forums I changed the tcm with one from a buddys and it didn’t change cleaned all grounds that I could find roughly 6 or 7 checked the tcm pins my rear plug into the transmission had oil in it cleaned with contact cleaner and placed di electric grease in it followed the wiring harness from the tcm to trans wiggled while running trying to get it to short out or break down nothing ended up pulling the fuse panel under the hood off checking for mice to have chewed through a wire nothing checked fuses and cleaned nothing was testing wires and noticed 12.1 bolts on certain pins took the batteries to Walmart and one was bad then their load tester broke so took both batteries back to oreillys and had them load test them and one was bad got a new battery hooked everything back up and worked for about 2 weeks then last week seemed like when the trans got to the 160 range it was blowing the ign 0 fuse this was also blown the first time this happened too changed it and it worked for about 2 more days now it’s blowing after I back out of the garage and take off down the alley seems to happen once it hits second is when the trans won’t shift and stays in 3rd always a pu0101 code once it blows I have dropped the pan all the solenoids ohm out within the Allison book ohm readings none are shorted to ground tested the pressure switch and on the 4th pin from the left witch is pin d on the pressure switch according to the Allison book it show continuity to ground I’ve also looked over the internal wiring harness very thoroughly if someone has any input it would be greatly appreciated also if someone knows how to test the pressure switch electrically would also be greatly appreciated sorry for the long post thanks Andrew

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey it’s Andrew I have a 2004.5 lly the truck has a Ppe stage 4 tranny has been deleted and tuned with a dsp5 switch for 7 or 8 years never had a problem the transmission through the pu0101 code and my dash Guage’s weren’t working neither were my windows I took the truck to oreillys to have them check the batteries they said they were good so after prally 5 hours of reading forums I changed the tcm with one from a buddys and it didn’t change cleaned all grounds that I could find roughly 6 or 7 checked the tcm pins my rear plug into the transmission had oil in it cleaned with contact cleaner and placed di electric grease in it followed the wiring harness from the tcm to trans wiggled while running trying to get it to short out or break down nothing ended up pulling the fuse panel under the hood off checking for mice to have chewed through a wire nothing checked fuses and cleaned nothing was testing wires and noticed 12.1 bolts on certain pins took the batteries to Walmart and one was bad then their load tester broke so took both batteries back to oreillys and had them load test them and one was bad got a new battery hooked everything back up and worked for about 2 weeks then last week seemed like when the trans got to the 160 range it was blowing the ign 0 fuse this was also blown the first time this happened too changed it and it worked for about 2 more days now it’s blowing after I back out of the garage and take off down the alley seems to happen once it hits second is when the trans won’t shift and stays in 3rd always a pu0101 code once it blows I have dropped the pan all the solenoids ohm out within the Allison book ohm readings none are shorted to ground tested the pressure switch and on the 4th pin from the left witch is pin d on the pressure switch according to the Allison book it show continuity to ground I’ve also looked over the internal wiring harness very thoroughly if someone has any input it would be greatly appreciated also if someone knows how to test the pressure switch electrically would also be greatly appreciated sorry for the long post thanks Andrew
update I put a used internal wiring harness off of a donor truck a buddy has and found a wheel speed sensor touching bare metal the wire was broken spliced back together and the truck seemed fine lastnight I will give another update in a couple weeks if it’s still working

1 - 3 of 3 Posts