Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem: Dreaded p0735 code, transmission in limp mode and slipping

Solution: Time for a new, stronger one to put up with the power I want.

Questions:

Having a very reliable guy who works on all the cities vehicles quote me on a full rebuild broken down into parts and labour. Depending on cost of parts I'm considering the PPE stage IV kit which I can get a reasonable deal on. Any thoughts on this kit?

How long will my current transmission last just daily driven, not hard on it? Am concerned about ordering one online and it giving out before it arrives and having time for it to be installed.

Is it necissary for the C5 upgrade kit also or is it more of a money grab?

Thanks a lot, you're posts are highly appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
back your power down to stock or a low power level and baby it, no way to say it will last for sure, but i'm sure it will last longer with less power hitting it. also, i've heard of people limping the ally several times and still going, for how long, who knows.

·
Registered
532 Posts
mines been limped around 10 times omG!.....stilll going

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
You'll have to limp it a TON of times before it will die. I've HEARD (not seen) guys have limped them 50+ times and they still drive. If you have only limped it once, and it was on a big tune, just back down to a lower powered tune and it'll be just fine for a long time. If you put it back to stock it'll probably never give you any troubles at all.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great thanks guys. Back to stock and gonna minimize the driving as much as I can until I upgrade. Saw a suncoast kit with the 1054 torque converter and am considering that or should I stick with ppe? The ppe is slightly more but not by a deciding factor?

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts