Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, This weekend I was towing my 10k lb camper home, and climbing a steep hill in 2nd gear. The truck slammed hard in the transmission, and felt like it was locked in gear. I got the service engine light at that point. I turned the truck off and cleared all codes, but it didn't tell me a current code for whatever reason. Anyways, once I shut the truck off and cleared the codes it ran fine.

What could have caused the slam and the service engine light? A hard shift into 1st maybe? Anything I should worry about? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
Hi all, This weekend I was towing my 10k lb camper home, and climbing a steep hill in 2nd gear. The truck slammed hard in the transmission, and felt like it was locked in gear. I got the service engine light at that point. I turned the truck off and cleared all codes, but it didn't tell me a current code for whatever reason. Anyways, once I shut the truck off and cleared the codes it ran fine.

What could have caused the slam and the service engine light? A hard shift into 1st maybe? Anything I should worry about? Thank you.
Did you record the codes before you cleared them. Can't do much without that information, but a bad TCM comes to mind.

You might try taking it to someplace that can read the TCM codes. If you used an Edge Insight or similar tool it cannot read the xmsn codes or clear them so the codes should still be stored for you to find.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
like I said, there were no current codes using my Autocal. There was an old code of P0700 though, but it said it was an old code.

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
like I said, there were no current codes using my Autocal. There was an old code of P0700 though, but it said it was an old code.
P0700 is a generic code set by the ECM when the TCM has a fault to activate the CEL. You have to find a code reader that can read the TCM I don't think the Autocal does that, but I could be mistaken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.