Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

I am looking at tuning my '09 and want to know if it is suggested to have transmission tuning done as well? I am looking into using MotorOps for the tuning and using the DSP5 switch. The truck is all stock. I am fairly new to the tuning world and want to learn as much as possible.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
In my experience if its just mild changes, like just a little more consistent shifting thru the gears, converter lock-up around 48-49mph in 5th gear, instead of 51-52mph then yes.
If its more on the wild harsh shifting, big changes in shifting rpms, I'd stay away from trans tuning.

If your planning on racing adding more than 600hp, sure TCM tuning might be a good idea.
Throw in a built transmission then your all set.

Ask them what changes do they make, if its small tweaks ok, if its bam slam I wouldn't.

The only thing that's consistent all the time on mine is when the converter locks up in 5th gear, the shifting always changes a little because the Allison is always relearning pretty much all the time depending on your driving habits.

I only have mine because they was just starting to do TCM tuning and asked if I'd try a few mild tweaks and report back what I thought.

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
Stock turbo trucks I do not reccomend it. It is not needed on pre lml trucke

1 - 3 of 3 Posts