Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellas i need some suggestions on trany upgrades, right now im around 400hp, not (rwhp) and want to run about 500, but im limited on funds, cant build the tranny rite now, thanks

·
Registered
906 Posts
trans go only works if the trans is basically new and hasnt been limped...just save till you have enough for a build if you havent limped it then you should be fine

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so the trans go kit is a good idea until i can build? ive seen alot of people with those kits in their signatures, and naw, i havent limped it....yet. thats what i want to prevent

·
Registered
906 Posts
the transgo kit is good on a brand new or never abused trans, it doesnt fix stuff after its been slipped so if its never been limped or abused like u say then sure u can put it on

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well my truck was bone stock when i got it last year and only had 37k miles on it, now has about 41k, and im slowly building to my liking, got a full egr delete with intake pipe waiting to be put on, gotta get a fuel air separator/lift pump and pyro/monitor. so a trans go will help keep me from limping? do you have a built tranny or what all have you done to yours, i noticed you have efi live what kind of tuning hp wise are you running?
Thanks

·
Registered
906 Posts
I have a merchant automotive built trans my race tune is from what they tell me between 540 and 560rwhp gonna dyno it this yr so I actually know

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds like you have one heck of a truck, thanks for the info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts