Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just sold my 99 F350 for an 07 DM!!! Its a 2007, DRW, LB, 4x4, 3500, crew cab, Alison 6 speed.
Definatley a sweet truck. Got tired of all the transmission problems, rust, and noise. It was my 3rd PSD and my 3rd trans, one in each at 125,000-130,000 miles!!! Those trans are just like clock work. It took a lot of thought and convencing converting, hopefully it will be worth it. I paid several thousand more than an 07 PSD, but am just tired of 'em.
Love the 360hp/660 tq, quietness, 6-SPEED!!!, hopefully better mpg, better ride.
What is the best way to hop up the suspension? I was about to get a 5 pack of overload springs for my F350 to replace the single one. I see the DM also has only one overload spring. I think this may be the best way to go. I had timberins, but they let the truck drop too much. Overloads shouldn't ruin the ride when empty and hold serious weight when loaded.
I have a truck camper that checks in at 5,000 LBS!! Ford did handle it fine with its 11,400 gvw which is the same as my new DM. However, I think the DM is about 500 lbs lighter. I'll have to check on that. Maybe, if lucky, I'll only be 1,000 over and not 1,500!!!
How do you get good MPG? I can't seem to keep my foot off the go pedal. Its and amazing beast.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree also about the air bags for haulin weight on the truck. They are the best bet because of there adjustability!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts