Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see i have an '08 LMM no mods for performance or MPG.

I drove 635 miles return.

First half calm winds,lower elevation drove at 62mph (Hand Calc) 20mpg.

second/return trip drove at 66mph higher elevation (cross wind and backwind) 16mpg.

Avg 18mpg. this also includes some city driving for 4 days.

For Canadian drivers: the average for both is 25mpg and 20mpg respectively.

Avg for Return was 22.5, all info same as above.

Just thought those that state LMM gets terrible mileage, this should dispell that rumor.:neener

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
my wife has a lmm still bone stock and she gets about 12-13 mpg at best and thats a 2500hd ext long bed. but my lbz gets 17-18 with 285-70-17 bfg mud terrains etc and other stuff :D

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
The deciding factor in your trip was the right foot. I cannot drive anywhere that slow.

Those are good numbers. I have my bosses LMM set up with EFI and he can get 19 at 75MPH . I knock down 20-21 at 75mph with My LBZ and 13.5 at 75mph in My LMM

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The deciding factor in your trip was the right foot. I cannot drive anywhere that slow.

Those are good numbers. I have my bosses LMM set up with EFI and he can get 19 at 75MPH . I knock down 20-21 at 75mph with My LBZ and 13.5 at 75mph in My LMM
Yes that is what was intended, i wanted to see the difference between what i normally travel at and the lower speeds. From my experience driving a faster speed only saves a few minutes on the average run. So i travelled this distance at a slower speed But still the max speed limit in most places, i've seen this is a way to cut down on fuel by averaging up to 5mpg extra. 0 speeding tix helps also.
:that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts