Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having electrical issues for quite some time. The truck is a 2001 GMC with the LB7. Put in the Banks Six Gun right when it came out... No PDA, just the plain unit less the speed loader.
Over the years, we've had the following issues:
Driver seat harness burned out
Driver window motor failed
Horn failed - again after replacing the relay
Radio mysteriously stops occasionally - like power has been lost to it, yet miraculously recovers at its own convenience
Keyless no longer works
Most recently, I've noticed that when I turn on the passenger dome light, the cargo lamp indicator comes on briefly. weird.

So, today, I pulled the Banks unit. Truck runs great (though stock) but the engine light came on. Scanned as

P0236 - The PCM has determined that the input voltage for boost pressure sensor "A" is out of range for the current engine operating conditions.

Whats this mean? Can I just clear it?

Thanks

oh yea... the cargo dome indicator does not come on anymore - go figure.

·
Registered
310 Posts
would check for aircharge cooler line leak listen for wistles hisses. if none found clear code and check for reacurance of code.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant hear any leaks, and its running great. For some reason I didnt even bother to ask if the guy at AutoZone can clear the code... Do they have the ability to with those handheld units they use?

Also... The passenger door stopped unlocking itself w while ago when you put it into park.... problem solved as of today.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I don't know if auto zone can but dealer can for sure so talk to them

·
Registered
40 Posts
Auto Zone can but most of the time they won't for sme reason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts