42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with dtc
p1029, have searched and no luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did change my fuel filter today, changed o-rings and used ac delco filter. ( 100 pound of yeast and some copper line)

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Did change my fuel filter today, changed o-rings and used ac delco filter. ( 100 pound of yeast and some copper line)
Did the code show up before or after you changed filters?

100 pounds of yeast and copper line will get a man in trouble

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure did. Started, reset meter, turned off. Bout 4hrs later started, light came on and viola.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can’t get in to dealer until 8-11. I will post repair. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
I’m just spitballing but maybe it’s nothing more than a little air in the system from replacing the filter that triggered it. If the truck is running right I’d try to clear it and see if comes back after driving around a little.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really thought the same as well. May give it a shot. Seems to run fine.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Sure did. Started, reset meter, turned off. Bout 4hrs later started, light came on and viola.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fuel air metering, should be a solenoid thingy at intake I think. Thanks UTE, I swear I looked at that list and didn’t see it. May be partially illiterate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Who can help me with a problem ? I got my truck deleted last week added air dog 2 and reset my fuel filter life and after 50 miles of driving it drop to 0 so I’m new to disels trucks. so I was gonna replace my stock fuel filter and notice the wiring was not plugged in and now I put new fuel filter just Incase and truck won’t start HELP!! I know I don’t need to mess with that filter no more since I have lift pump but that switch not being plugged in is bothering me.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
1029 is literally an open lift pump dtc, from what I see. Can you clear the dtc and see if it comes back? Not sure why it would make any real difference but how did you prime the fuel system after changing the filter?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cycled the key twice and started

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just tried to push up and down a few times on the primer button on top of fuel filter no fuel came out so I figured I try turning truck on and won’t start I also tried using QuickStart fluid and no luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is old filter plumbed into new lift pump

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Who can help me with a problem ? I got my truck deleted last week added air dog 2 and reset my fuel filter life and after 50 miles of driving it drop to 0 so I’m new to disels trucks. so I was gonna replace my stock fuel filter and notice the wiring was not plugged in and now I put new fuel filter just Incase and truck won’t start HELP!! I know I don’t need to mess with that filter no more since I have lift pump but that switch not being plugged in is bothering me.
So the question you are asking has nothing to do with this actual post? Sorry but if that’s true please start a new thread because you trying to get help with your issue, in the middle of someone else trying to get help with their issue, when the issues, and trucks possibly, are different, it totally muddies up the waters here.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
I just tried to push up and down a few times on the primer button on top of fuel filter no fuel came out so I figured I try turning truck on and won’t start I also tried using QuickStart fluid and no luck.
I highly recommend starting a new thread explaining your issue. That way more people will see your posting instead of being part of this thread. Make sure to state your make, model, and year (most people put this info in their signature). Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was trying to help the poster, but yes I have the 1029 code after filter replacement 2017l5p. I turned to run turned of and then started

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks UTE, well fellers I cleared the code will see if it comes back.

Reactions: UTEngineer
1 - 20 of 23 Posts