Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anbody know what trouble codes dtc1626 and dtc 1621? I cleared them already but was curious. I couldn't find anything on the internet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lly

I have the 05 1/2 with the LLY. 4" custom exhaust with Flowmaster, and Bullydog's Triple Dog system, with a K&N Cold air intake.

·
Registered
30 Posts
alright my man, this is what i found

P1626- theft deterrent fuel enable signal lost.

couldnt find anything on the 1621 :confused: . dont know exactly what the above means but thats what i found. hope it helps. have you asked the dealer?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey All,
I have a question, my 02 duarmax started hard this morning. The outside temp is about 75 degrees. I pluged my hyptertech programmer in to read the codes and came up with the following
P1094
U1000
If anybody can clue me in I would appreciate it. Up till now I have had no problems with the truck and I don't want to get stranded with it.
Paul

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well I found out what the P1094 was. It has to do with my injectors or something. My truck just left on the hook to the dealer because it would not run the other code U1000 had something to do with a communications code. Luckly I was smart enough to change my settings back to factory. Now I was just told my a friend that his borhteinlaw had an 02 or 03 Duramax and he had injector failure and the dealer told him every 30,000 you have to have the injectors cleaned and every 70,000 you had to have them replaced???? Said it was a common problem with the the 02&03. Anybody shed any light on this. I can't wait to see what kind of bill this is going to be

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Is your truck a lb7 or lly? I would say that all you need is a fuel filter! but the injectors are covered under the 100k engine warrenty!

AS for the injector cleaning, u cantphysically clean them......... run a bottle of additive/cleaner every so often, or better yet with the new uls diesel thats out now u should run some in every tank,JMO

·
3,162 Posts
Also to aviod P1093's change your fuel filter every other oil change about 10k at the most!!!

Also there was a recall on the filters for older trucks, if your truck has not had it done, you might get it for free!!!!

Later
Caleb

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks Guys, I very much appreciate the info. I don't know if it's an lly or an lb7 cause I don't know what this means unless it's a factory code for the type of motor. Also I kinda figured it was under warranty but not sure. I was going to call GM today. As for changing the fuel filter I usually get it changed every ohter oil change on the advice of the service writer at the dealership I go to . I was also told not to run claener for the injectors, they told me it could damage the seals in the injectors????? What type of cleaner do most of you guys use??? Again thanks for the info and I will check back after work today.
Paul aka streetpilot

·
3,162 Posts
Paul, i usually run power service additive in the white bottle! To see if its an lly or lb7 check the 8th digit of you vin. lly it will be a 2 and lb7 it will be a 1. There are other differences but this is the easiest way to tell!!!

Later
Caleb

·
3,162 Posts
Paul, :eek: sorry i missed some info in your previos post, your truck is an lb7, P1094 code is low rail psi while at idle. You could have a bad injector the early ones were known for them, but the warrenty on the early dmaxs is like 200,000 miles on the injectors only, just because of the problems gm has had with them.

Keep us posted
Caleb

·
Registered
45 Posts
Awesome guys:woot . Thanks so much right now the way things are going, I am so broke I can't even pay attention. I just called the dealer and he seems to think that it will be covered under warranty. He did ask me if this was a canadian truck. I told him I purchased it used and I believe it was registered to the previous owner in canada but not sure. I figure it this was it's a GM and it should be under warranty. 05 LLY I am still safe I only have 76,000 on it. So I will keep you guys posted. Again thanks for the help so far.
Paul:thumbsup

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just got a call from the dealer. They told me that it was the fuel fliter housing and it is covered under the warranty so I have to pay 100.00 deductable on it and it will be ready by 330 this afternoon :woot :woot . They told me I have a month left on my warranty so I will have to ask them what that is about. Boy what a relief :hyper :woot :

·
3,162 Posts
You should find out why u only have a month left that dosent sound right for the engine, unless maybe they found signs of your programer. Some of the smarter dealers know how to look for programing signs and if they know how they probally will!!!! They can not see the programing if you removed it but they will see that it was recently flashed!!

Later
Caleb

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Caleb,
Just back from picking up the truck and the service manager said something about the years. It has been almost 5 yrs. My warranty runs out in November. I asked if I could purchased and extended and he told me it should have been done in the first 3 years I owned the truck. As for the fuel injector cleaner they sell this stuff by BG for 20.00 @ bottle.

·
3,162 Posts
Must be an early 02 then. The injectors stll have an extended warrenty on them though. Good luck

I have never used the bg stuff, should be allright i guess but i always try touse the powerservice but i have used the lucas additive on occasion!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well here we go again. I picked up the truck yesterday and drove it home---no problems. I let it set all night in the driveway. I went out this morning and it was doing the same thing. I put the programmer on it and I got the following codes
P1631?????
U1000- which is a communication problem and I believe that this is due to my remote starter.

So I end up taking the bike to work( Thank god the bike has been dependable)
I call the dealer and he tells me to go home and prime the fuel filter and if doesn't start call 1800 GMC Truck and have it towed back to them free. He said if it does start bring it in and they will look at it. I'll tell ya this is starting to bug me:mad:

·
3,162 Posts
MY info for those codes are u1000 just says (class 2 data link error)

p1631 is (theft deterent start enable signal not correct)

I would have to say that the problems are related here, let me look through my books here and see whae i can come u with for code causes, but first i would check for all connections on your remote start for good connections, broken wires.

Later
Caleb

PM sent with code break down info!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts