Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first diesel engine pull... 05 3500 lly. Have all the bolts out of bell housing (9) and even pulled the 3 big ones up top but I think there for adapter plate. The engine and trans don't want to separate. Is it just stuck on the dowels? Do I need to get more aggressive or am I missing something?

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Sounds like its just stuck on the dowels you might need to get more aggressive with it. Remember these things are like twice the weight then a gassers so it will take more force to get them out. Did you take the front clip off to take out the motor and do you have a strong enough cherry pickers to hold the motor weight?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Front clip is on and I'm using block & tackle under steel I beam.

·
Registered
635 Posts
This may sound dumb but did you take the 6 bolts out that hold the torque converter to the flexplate? the motor and trans stick together but they shouldnt be that bad.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it.. was stuck bad. Sprayed the dowels with lube and got agressive with pry bars and jumping on the motor and it finally popped.
Thanks Hick1...

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Glad you got it out bud. If you need help with anything let me know Im not too far away.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks... I'll let you know about EFI Live when I get mine... IdahoRob is setting me up... Shipped Today. Good guy with go fast knowledge and common sense. ( in a nut shell the programing is custom and down loaded into ECM with laptop via email; Rob has a race truck running in the 9's with diesel only and a dailey driver running 11's) I'm doing head gaskets ect. now and installing EFI Live within the next week or two or three?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks... I'll let you know about EFI Live when I get mine... IdahoRob is setting me up... Shipped Today. Good guy with go fast knowledge and common sense. ( in a nut shell the programing is custom and down loaded into ECM with laptop via email; Rob has a race truck running in the 9's with diesel only and a dailey driver running 11's) I'm doing head gaskets ect. now and installing EFI Live within the next week or two or three? ( copied quote to make sure you got EFI live reply)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jumped on the motor to pull it out? I can picture that haha. :rof
Sounds like you been there; done that... Your truck sound nice... what is the 3/5 drop?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.