Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

Do you know how to repair DTC C0245?

• Replace EBCM

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Check Tire Pressure

Votes: 4 66.7%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a proud owner of an 03 6.6 L Chevy HD truck.

I've been having issues with the ABS light coming on.

I'll present a brief history of the troublshooting I've performed on the truck. When the light first came on I took it to brake check where they hooked it up to a scanning tool and it indicated a faulty EBCM or Electronic Brake Control Module(Diagnostic Code C0245). This being an expensive part I purchased two different ones from a junkyard and replace it with no fruitful results.

I took the truck for a second opinion to Firestone. There they also indicated the likely culprit was the EBCM but they provided some more insight. They claimed if a tire was of different size or if at the minimum one tire was underpressurized, this would cause the ABS light to come on. Furthermore they recommended to inspect for faulty wheel speed sensors and vehicle speed sensors. They also recommended to check the calibration of both the PCM, Powertrain Control Module, and the EBCM are in sync with the tire size. I replaced the tires and changed out all the wheel speed sensors and the vehicle speed sensor and I'm still having issues with the ABS light coming on. Does anyone know how to check the calibration of both the EBCM and the PCM using the scanning tool?

If anyone has experienced a similar issue as the one I have please provide some insight. Thanks

·
XBoxLive: RenegadeDuramax
1,776 Posts
Change your front wheel hubs. The ABS sensor will sense the extra play in the bearings inside the hubs as an ABS fault. If you continue to drive your truck without replacing them, you are putting yourself at a serious risk of a major accident.

The ABS sensor is inside of the wheel hub. It's not like the old trucks where you can change the bearings. You have to change the hub. It's fairly simple to do. It's also a good time to replace your tie-rod ends if you have your factory one's still installed. They usually wear out about the same time.

Am I correct in assuming you have 100,000 miles (give or take) on your truck? That's when you are supposed to change them out as preventive maintenance.

·
Registered
662 Posts
X2.. ive seen it on my old truck and friends trucks.. check your wheel bearings/hub assembly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I changed one hub assembly out already, it had a tremendous amount of play. The other one however is still snug, what specifically should I inspect beides if there is any play? If I'm not mistaken the sensor interfaces with tooth gearing inside the hub, is it possible the new one I installed has different number of teeth compared to the orginal one still installed thus triggering the ABS light?

·
1,776 Posts
You should change them both at the same time... along with your rear bearings. It's routine maintenance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool. I'll do just that. The rear bearings your talking about...where are these located? The hub assembly already have the bearing integrated in them. I'll post the results once I perform the work.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
You should change them both at the same time... along with your rear bearings. It's routine maintenance.
Why the rear bearings? where do you live? come to my shop so I can make some cash on your ignorance. :rof There's no sensor at rear wheels. Is at tail shaft. And with proper lubrication rear bearings can last life of truck.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
A snap on scan tool will tell you if your hubs are out of sync. I would make sure thats the problem before you start blowing alot of money on guesses.

·
1,776 Posts
Why the rear bearings? where do you live? come to my shop so I can make some cash on your ignorance. :rof There's no sensor at rear wheels. Is at tail shaft. And with proper lubrication rear bearings can last life of truck.
Why the rear bearings? There's no sensor at the rear wheels? DUH!!

I'm afraid that you actually state you have a shop if I have to answer these questions... :rof :rof :rof

I don't take my truck to a "shop." I do all of my own work.

If the front bearings are worn out... which is what would set the sensor off... COMMON SENSE would say to change the rear bearings too.

This stuff isn't something that you "wait until it breaks to repair." These items have service life and should be replaced/repacked at service intervals. I'd suggest you increase your "truck IQ" before calling someone out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.