Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2021 GMC 1500 AT4
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long would you say the battery would last is using the power outlet in the bed of the truck overnight? I have a cpap I have to use at night and was contemplating using the truck power outlet to power it. Thoughts?

· Premium Member
2020 Chevy 3500 L5P CC LB SRW 2WD LTZ
141 Posts
They sell CPAP backup batteries. Check your CPAP machine and it should have the electrical information. Depending on what information it has you can do an electrical formula to get the total amp hours needed. You will then need to check your batteries. The truck battery is not manufactured to be deep cycle Depending upon load you may diminish the life. My guess is it would run the CPAP but I have no idea how it would start the next morning.

· Registered
3 Posts
My 1500 AT4 I have to leave engine running. In Park, it will turn off in 10 min. I can leave in neutral with park brake on and it will run forever, but engine needs to be running for 120ac

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,594 Posts
How long would you say the battery would last is using the power outlet in the bed of the truck overnight? I have a cpap I have to use at night and was contemplating using the truck power outlet to power it. Thoughts?
Google says CPAP machines use 30 to 60 watts, and they run a 100 percent duty cycle as far as I know. 30w/12v == 2.5A, and if you sleep for 8 hours that's 2.5A * 8hr == 20 A*hr. That's a lot of juice and I used very conservative estimates so I'm going to say it's not a good idea. I think you need a separate/isolated house battery and inverter.

· Registered
2021 GMC 1500 AT4
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, this definitely doesn't seem like the best option for sure. I appreciate the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts