Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a cab high truck cap, so far I have looked into leer and are. What brand of cap do you guys suggest?

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Be aware that the cab style makes a difference on the camper shell. I have the extended cab and it is different than the Crew Cab, where it fits at the back of the cab. I looked at Leer, but bought one for $500 less-- looks as good. Do a google search-- we call them "Shell"/ "Camper Shell"-- in California.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I have a Jason. This is my second one. Nice cap well made too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a Glasstite and love it,seals very well at the tailgate and stays perfectly dry during our "wet" season.
we call them toppers.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I put a Leer on my wife's truck but kind of wish I had gone with ARE. The Leer leaks a little around the windows and when I close the back window I have to push on each lock mechanism to lock completely or it will ope driving down the road. It's a cab height one on a crewcab.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bed cover

Just put a SnugTop on my 2011.....had one on my 2001. Great fit and color match...lifetime warranty. Pricey, but worth it.

·
needing more money
314 Posts
Hey Gig man can we get some pics of the snug top? I just bought an '11 long bed and wanting to get one.

·
needing more money
314 Posts
Thanks for the pics looks awesome. And sorry for the hijack

·
Registered
514 Posts
Jason topper

Attachments

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Be aware that the cab style makes a difference on the camper shell. I have the extended cab and it is different than the Crew Cab, where it fits at the back of the cab. I looked at Leer, but bought one for $500 less-- looks as good. Do a google search-- we call them "Shell"/ "Camper Shell"-- in California.
Yep - And shells made for Chevys do not fit GMC beds either.

I have a Leer and while it has been a good cap I will never buy anything from them again. Some knucklehead tried to steal my roof rack and Thule pod. They didn’t get it but they destroyed one of the recessed roof rails and cross bars in the process.

I first went back to my local dealer where I bought it. They said they had dropped the Leer line because of how difficult it was for them to get warranty service and repair parts. That should have been my first clue.

They sent me to another dealer. He made 3 attempts to get the right repair parts from Leer for me with no success. I then tried to go direct to Leer and was told that they would not sell parts to me and that I had to work thorough a dealer. I then tried to go to Thule, who makes the system in the first place, but the rail I need is a custom size made only for Leer.

Do not pass go – do not collect $200.

·
needing more money
314 Posts
Your welcome....and thanks for your service to this Country!!
You sir are very welcome. Thanks for paying taxes so inhave a job haha.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ended up ordering ARE. Thought about snugtop but nearest dealer is 900 miles

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hate to say it but my topper is a 2001 chevy topper and fits my 2007 gmc perfect

·
Registered
20 Posts
ARE. Great quality. Took about an hour to scrape off all the mfg and dealer decals !!

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts