Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, truck has 120k on it. I put the cat filter and adapter on it 4 months ago. It's been running fine until today. Bought the primer rebuild kit and replaced everything.

Prime it and fuel and air bubbles out. I think I primed all air out.

Tried to restart, idles and then dies after 10 secs.

Should I put stock filter back on?????

·
Registered
28 Posts
Changing back to the stock filter will be a cheap way to either eliminate or validate a problem with the aftermarket model.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Stock TP3018 has better filtration specs, and water protection. Kitty adapt is going backwards in the quest for the best fuel protection.

It can be a leak source also, but keep in mind that not all potential leak areas with the filter head are serviceable with the 6-pc rebuild kit.

Remove the inlet line (arrow on top) and hold your finger over the tube, pump the primer, see if it pulls a vacuum, and how long it holds. If it leaks off, remove the adapter and try again.

You may find you need a new filter head. Also, when it's time to address the filter head leaking, it's also time to replace the two lines to/fro it with bio fuel compatible 1/2" bulk fuel line, as the stock ones are weak, cracking, and prone to suck flat and leak.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THank you guys!

Bought a new Carquest filter (USA made) because the local Advance didn't have AC Delco in stock. Also bought a new water in fuel sensor since i threw the old one away.

Cranked it 3-4 times and she fired up!! You guys are right, the kitty filter isnt a good solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts