Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I went outside to start my truck to go to work, they engine turned over but wouldn't start? The truck had been sitting all weekend(Block heater not plugged in) It got down in the single digits over the weekend. After it warmed up to about 35 degrees the truck started right up. Is it possible I am having a glow-plug issue? This is the first time this has ever happened....

Thanks,
Z-man

·
Registered
484 Posts
might be a fuel gel issue, are you using any type of fuel additive?

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Agree, sounds fuel related, especially if the fuel filter has lots of miles on it!

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
thats really odd. i have started my truck in sub-zero for weeks now, and i don't use my block heater...

when did you change your fuel filter??

·
Registered
23 Posts
if you dont use any fuel additives i would recommend howes additive. You can find them at any truck stop. I use it in mine all the time and my dad uses it in all the semi trucks and we never have any problems and i never use my block heater

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Ill throw a vote in for fuel related. I know that gas companies put additives in to avoid gelling. Since you live in Maryland the companies might not put additives in because the temps rarely go low enough to cause gelling.

No mater what Id replace your fuel filter extreamly soon. I have heard of filters causing problems if not changed every 10,000 miles. If your filter has gel in it it will cause low fuel pressure. :spit:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys

The fuel filter only has around 5,400 miles on it, I am going to replace it tomorrow anyhow. Thanks for the help

Z-Man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts