Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to a duramax and am kind of lost. i recently bought a truck from a dealership and ofcourse they dont know anything about it. the truck is fleece tuned using efi live and has the dsp5 switch w lope tune. it has a 68mm vgt turbo from fleece i do know that, but on the hot tune when i stand on it bottom end pulls hard but when it get higher rpm under wide open throttle it really doesnt pull at all and falls on its face....ive done a bit of reading on here and am under the impression it might need a lift pump? fleece said it should be around 550-600hp but i seriously think the way it is right now id get beat by ab anything :help HELP!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
it needs a lift pump and put a race vavle in it that should take care of your problom

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
A v2 would help identify the problem, but I'd venture to guess you need a lift pump. That is a big tune for no lift pump.

If you aren't popping a p0087 code you might not need a race valve or a shim.

Fill in your sig with year of truck and mods.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys... and i know there have been several arguments on here ab lift pumps but if i go with an airdog 150 will that be alright? and do i just need to the pump? or is there something else?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
thanks guys... and i know there have been several arguments on here ab lift pumps but if i go with an airdog 150 will that be alright? and do i just need to the pump? or is there something else?
Depends on truck and needs. I recommend the AD2 165. Lifetime warranty, filtration, air removal, etc..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i would like to put over injectors in it in the near future but i also wanna do it right the first time ya know? thanks for the help tho guys

·
Registered
35 Posts
try a new fuel filter. i had the same problem on my truck tried the race valve and it didn't help then i changed the fuel filter and the problem went away.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
well it sounds like with the tuning and turbo that they would have already hhad a lift pump installed??? did you check your fuel filter? do you have any codes? you will get more help if you fill out your sig

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Bottle test it................ Google duramax fprv bottle test.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bottle test it................ Google duramax fprv bottle test.
his sig says he has the race fuel vale so a bottle test wouldn't work right?

i still say try changing the fuel filter, its cheap and easy and it may just fix your problem. if it doesn't work then try the more expensive stuff.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
his sig says he has the race fuel vale so a bottle test wouldn't work right?

i still say try changing the fuel filter, its cheap and easy and it may just fix your problem. if it doesn't work then try the more expensive stuff.
Whoops, his sig dosen't show on his original posts. Nope, bottle test won't do a thing if it is plugged.

What is your fuel pressure under WOT?

·
Registered
116 Posts
wow come to think of it i just put a stinger kit from banks on my 02 and i think at times i loose power while WOT ... you think its a lift pump? and what sho9uld i look for on my fuel pressure?

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
wow come to think of it i just put a stinger kit from banks on my 02 and i think at times i loose power while WOT ... you think its a lift pump? and what sho9uld i look for on my fuel pressure?
Look at your desired fuel prssure and actual fuel pressure to see if the actual is falling below the desired under WOT in your big tune.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts