Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Ive been having intermittent issues with my 2015 Sierra. A few months after buying the truck I randomly got a message that popped up in the DIC, "Trailer Brake Controller." This happened a few times and resolved itself within about 30 seconds. I now get the same message but when I do the truck starts going haywire, gauges flip back and forth, the truck wont start, or shuts down, I lose any computer assistance, and/or the truck sputters like hell when the accelerator is pressed. This issue can happen with the truck just sitting in the drive way, at a stop light, or even worse...while driving down the road. There is nothing that I have found to recreate the situation, nor what fixes it. The last time it happened in the drive way (video attached) i got out, messed with the wiring harness for the trailer system, popped the hood jiggled the fuse boxes and the truck started, but the cruise control indicator light rapidly and randomly flashed while the RPM and oil pressure gauges flipped randomly. Any ideas or suggestions? The truck is tuned through PPEI but the issue was present before that was ever accomplished. Also, at times when starting the truck...if it starts, i randomly get a "Service Stabilitrak" message that pops up and goes away. I'd really appreciate some help here guys, thanks in advance.
Also, took it to the dealer and got the normal "could not duplicate" reply. Thanks again!

View My Video this is the video taken yesterday while she was being moody.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Check both batteries individually. I think one has a bad cell. Shows voltage till a load is put on it and it drops below acceptable and computer goes haywire if that's not it check the trailer plug and see if it's been hit or bent or smashed or wires underneath been smashed. Voltage from the 12+ feed maybe feeding backwards to the trailer brake feed which is also on the positive side so may not blow fuse. It's sending power backwards and affecting computer

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
633 Posts
How's about you take it in for warranty?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Your message in the video was SERVICE TRAILER BRAKE SYSTEM. Any DTC codes stored? Ever have any problems with your ABS? ABS problems cause the displayed message, also the "Service Stabilitrak" message. Have you modified your trailer brakes wiring in any way? Added a 5th wheel receptacle?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Your message in the video was SERVICE TRAILER BRAKE SYSTEM. Any DTC codes stored? Ever have any problems with your ABS? ABS problems cause the displayed message, also the "Service Stabilitrak" message. Have you modified your trailer brakes wiring in any way? Added a 5th wheel receptacle?
Good point. There is a t plug under the spare tire ? Did you mess with the spare tire lately ?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts