Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 07.5 LMM 4 door Black LMM. My truck got keyed last week all over.

The 4 doors, front fenders, rear fenders, tailgate and hood.

I am in Ottawa, On Canada. My question is this, I will be paying for my own repairs and for a complete paint job of the truck. I received an estimate from 2 major shops in Ottawa shops and they want $7100 to repair it.

Does anyone on here from Ottawa or area know of any small paint and body shops that they can recommend maybe I can get it done at a cheaper cost.

Thanks for any help.
Dan

·
Registered
945 Posts
who did you piss off? Turn it into your insurance.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
If you are having the whole truck repainted because someone keyed it, you should hit up your insurance. Will save you money.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't piss off anyone that I know of..

I've made a car claim about a year ago..for broken windshield. If I make another claim my rates will sky rocket..

·
Registered
156 Posts
I don't think is will go up $ 7100 worth! Besides its a comprehensive claim and not a at fault claim.
Good luck!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
956 Posts
I believe the windshield is a diff form of the claim. I know its a diff category with my insurance

·
Registered
520 Posts
I don't think vandalism raises your rate. Its definetly worth a phonecall

·
Registered
847 Posts
I'd rather atleast try insurance before you dump $7g into paint

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Go through your insurance and use the other money to buy a big stick to beat the shit out of whomever did it if you find out......

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
349 Posts
Go through your insurance and use the other money to buy a big stick to beat the shit out of whomever did it if you find out......

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
lol this ^ and then plasti dip your rig flat black. kinda ugly but cheap fix :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Your insurance won't go up enough, if at all, to justify fixing this yourself. As was said above, this is a not-at-fault claim and won't effect your rates like an at-fault claim would. Call your agent and talk to him about it. Ask him to add the claim in quote form to test what the rates would do.

Btw, I own an insurance agency, so I'm not just talking out my ass.

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
This why we have insurance. Good luck. Any idea who did it?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I don't think is will go up $ 7100 worth! Besides its a comprehensive claim and not a at fault claim.
Good luck!
This, and others said. There is comprehensive and collision claims. Usually collision is your $500+ deductible, and comprehensive is your $100ish. Comprehensive goes for non accident claims such as windows and paint jobs. Most insurance companies don't raise your rates for those.
Hit up your insurance first, and ask the questions. You could be $100 out of pocket, or $7100 out of pocket. And even if your rates go up, let's spitball $100 for a 6 month policy, it would still take you 70 6-month renewals to make up the difference versus paying full price yourself. Do you plan on having the same insurance for the next 35 years? By that point you'll be older and your rates will have changed from age, cars, accidents/tickets, lack of accidents/tickets and you won't notice the small change that happens now.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Even if your insurance goes up, it won't stay up. Most insurance companies look back 4 years for violations, accidents and claims, after the accident, claim, or violation has gotten older than that it is removed and no longer affects the rate. It also matters less each year. For example, If you get a speeding ticket next week your insurance will go up, lets assume $100, at renewal. When you renew the next year (ticket now 1 year old) and assuming you had a clean record since, you will see a $25 drop (ticket now accounts for $75 increase). Next yearly renewal, another $25 drop, next year another $25, and the 4th year it's gone.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
My old truck was keyed several years ago. Insurance covered it, but I had to have a police report on file in order to keep my rates from going up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts