Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2016 GMC Duramax went into reduced power mode. Took in to the dealership and the high pressure fuel pump failed. A common problem they told me. Problem is they can't get any parts to fix it because of the strike at GM. So my truck is just sitting on their lot indefinitely until parts can be obtained. Good thing is they were nice enough to give me a super sweet Chevy Cruze to drive in the meantime. But I want my truck back! Just venting.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Well it is only going to get worse. I have an issue but the truck is drivable and because of the strike do not bring it in. Going to be a HUGE backlog when this is over.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
So my 2016 GMC Duramax went into reduced power mode. Took in to the dealership and the high pressure fuel pump failed. A common problem they told me. Problem is they can't get any parts to fix it because of the strike at GM. So my truck is just sitting on their lot indefinitely until parts can be obtained. Good thing is they were nice enough to give me a super sweet Chevy Cruze to drive in the meantime. But I want my truck back! Just venting.
Is it under warranty or are you paying for the repair? if your paying for it there is a CP3 swap you can do and those parts would not be coming from GM so the strike should not matter.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Good thing is they were nice enough to give me a super sweet Chevy Cruze to drive in the meantime. But I want my truck back! Just venting.
Does that Cruise have a hitch? Time to see how much that b!tch will pull!!! :grin2:

That is the problem now. Use to be that people bought trucks because they needed it to do things cars can’t. Now a large percentage of truck owners have no use for a truck and would except a cruise as a suitable replacement while repairs are being done. For others, the only way a cruise would work for them is if they bolted a 5th wheel hitch to the roof. Dealers don’t seem to understand that.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Does that Cruise have a hitch? Time to see how much that b!tch will pull!!! :grin2:

That is the problem now. Use to be that people bought trucks because they needed it to do things cars can’t. Now a large percentage of truck owners have no use for a truck and would except a cruise as a suitable replacement while repairs are being done. For others, the only way a cruise would work for them is if they bolted a 5th wheel hitch to the roof. Dealers don’t seem to understand that.
Yeah but that's not the dealer's problem. They are not even required to give you a loaner vehicle, EVEN IF the vehicle is under warranty. Found that out the hard way once. I wouldn't do business with them if they did that to me, but they are not required.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah but that's not the dealer's problem. They are not even required to give you a loaner vehicle, EVEN IF the vehicle is under warranty. Found that out the hard way once. I wouldn't do business with them if they did that to me, but they are not required.
Not required, but it normally wouldn’t take that long to get the parts for the repair. These are not normal circumstances. With the strike going on, the dealership should be trying to keep their customers happy during the excessive wait. You are not going to tell me that the dealer doesn’t have demo or a used truck on the lot that could have been given in place of the Cruise. Let whichever manager is driving a demo truck drive the Cruise until the customer’s truck is repaired. Just my opinion. Take it for what’s its worth.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not required, but it normally wouldn’t take that long to get the parts for the repair. These are not normal circumstances. With the strike going on, the dealership should be trying to keep their customers happy during the excessive wait. You are not going to tell me that the dealer doesn’t have demo or a used truck on the lot that could have been given in place of the Cruise. Let whichever manager is driving a demo truck drive the Cruise until the customer’s truck is repaired. Just my opinion. Take it for what’s its worth.
Completely agree. 2 years ago the wife's 15 grand cherokee and my 08 silverado half ton got destroyed by hail, dealership had our vehicles for over 3 months. They gave us loaner cars which I did appreciate, but they gave us 2 Nissan rogues. I had a big ATV trip planned months prior, the dealership actually gave me a new Titan for a week to haul my wheelers to the event which was really nice. Just wish they would give you the same type of vehicle that you brought in for repairs from the get go.

·
Registered
126 Posts
How many miles are on your 2016? Do you think fuel quality played a role with your injection pump failing or were you running any fuel additives?

I have a 2015 LML @ 106k miles and I'm concerned about my CP4 as my truck has been out of warranty for 6k miles. Trying to decide if I'm going to CP3 swap it sooner or just run an Exergy CP4 saver until I can do a CP3 conversion. In the mean time I'm running additives, only getting quality fuel from high traffic stations and hoping to hell it doesn't grenade itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have 43,000 on the truck so the engine is under warranty. And yes I do pull trailers with loads off and on. I have an older truck my son drives that can fill in. I rode my Harley for two days before the loaner became available. At least the Cruze will get me to work and keep me dry if it rains.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
I would order what I could from Rockauto. AC Delco parts for over 50% Percent cheaper than what the dealer charges.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts