Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a stealth 67 turbocharger in my lml duramax along with a cp3 conversion and manifolds. Ever since I've installed the turbo I've gotten the code p003a and the truck never moved the vanes and was laggy. I verified the vanes move and the vps works. I took the solenoid that came with the stealth 67 off and put my old vane solenoid on the turbo as advised by DuramaxTuner. Nothing changed. Until I drove it and the vanes were cycling vane position sensor had numbers moving and she hauled ass. I shut the truck off and on next start up same things happening no vane cycling and this time the vanes are at exactly 100% and saw code p2599 and p0045. I took a multimeter to the vane actuator wires to see how much power was coming through when I had my dad start the truck up and was barely getting 140 millivolts (.14 volts) on truck startup and around 50 millivolts after the vane cycle procedure. I also have codes u0121 u0415 (both ABS but no brake light or ABS light) and u0073 (control module bus a no communication) . I don't want to drive it because it burns through fuel now. Can this be a tuning related issue I have DSP5 tuning wired into the ecu? Or could this be a bad ecu or maybe an electrical harness issue? Any insight is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Several recent posts about this turbo. They seem to need some special attention. One common is the loss of comms. Could be a lot of things. Maybe you could call the vendor who sold the turbo and see if they have any advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Several recent posts about this turbo. They seem to need some special attention. One common is the loss of comms. Could be a lot of things. Maybe you could call the vendor who sold the turbo and see if they have any advice.
Been calling them back and forth for what to do talked to them last Friday and they’re probably going to have me send the turbo in for warranty if the vane position sensor relearn does nothing tomorrow. Truck is starting to throw more codes so I’m thinking I must’ve messed something up. Getting p0880 now but the transmission shifts fine. Just really don’t know what to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the vane position sensor relearn for the old actuator from the dealer for a cheap $205 labor 🤑 and the turbo is working phenomenally. Highly reccomend DuramaxTuner for their customer service and turbo warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts