Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I already know y'all are all thinking, get an alignment and/or check the tires. But 1. The truck only has 3000 miles on it. 2. I already had my alignment checked. 3. I've flip flopped my tires every which way I can with exact air pressures.

Back to story to all of this is, about a week and a half after I bought my truck I got a DWI. No I was not drunk, but that is a whole other story. Problem was, I was not there when they towed my truck and come to find out the son of a bitches lifted the rear tires off the ground and towed it. Every since then it had been pulling to the right. I know those trucks are supposed to be towed only with a flat bed. Question is, what else do I check?

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huh? Is that even possible or are you just messing with me?

·
Registered
263 Posts
no, get a 4wheel aligment done its what they normall try to have you get when you bring in a truck.

if that dont work take it back to the dealer.

them towing yoru truck under 50 miles even with teh drive shaft in wont matter.
i have always been on a flat bed

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had an alignment done man. They put those deals on all four tires. Is that what you are refering to?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Unless you have a denali with rear steer there is no adjustment in the rear. If the rear axle was tweeked your truck would do what is refered to as dog tracking, where the rear of the truck is off to one side in relationship to the front. Almost everyone performs a four wheel alignment these days. Some shops just advertise 4 wheel alignment to sound like you are getting something better. I would think with only 3000 miles on it you should be able to have the alignment done in warranty. Just dont tell them the towing story. Also ask them for a printout of the before and after measurments.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm, I wonder if it would be covered? I'll have to stop in and ask tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
This is not a 911 problem-- I will move it later today!

·
Registered
984 Posts
if you take notice of the roads you are driving on they are graded to drain water and almost all two lane roads will pull anything to the right. A four lane highway not so much. My .02 is thats probably what your feeling.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Most alignment specs account for road crown these days.

Look at your front suspension at the control arms. On the upper control arms where they pivot at the frame, there is a groove that archs upward. That is the adjustment point for caster and camber. From the factory gm puts a plastic piece in there that fills the groove and had a hole in it for the fixed pin to sit in. Each control arm has two slide grooves and each groove should have the plastic in it if it has never been adjusted since the factory. If it is broken then that could mean one of your control arms had slipped. That would cause a pull plus will cause adverse tire wear if it goes unchecked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts