Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a coginto leveling kit 4 months ago, and ever since then my truck started pulling to the right. When driving, the steering wheel is turned a little to the right when driving straight. If i let go of the wheel, the truck will drive off to right right. I've had alignment done and rotated tires. Maybe something to do with the congnito install? All i did was put the Upper control arms on myself.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
Sounds like the alignment is off. I would take it back and see if they can check it. Who did the sleeve install?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I installed a coginto leveling kit 4 months ago, and ever since then my truck started pulling to the right. When driving, the steering wheel is turned a little to the right when driving straight. If i let go of the wheel, the truck will drive off to right right. I've had alignment done and rotated tires. Maybe something to do with the congnito install? All i did was put the Upper control arms on myself.
Did you buy from norcaltruck? If so talk to Nick, I had same issue and he said its common for alignment places to mess up on a speccific thing, can't remember off top of my head

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here are some pics of the Cognito UCA's. The first two pics are of the drivers side UCA, next two of the passenger side UCA. You can see the little notch in each pic. the notch is centered in the first pic, but none of the others are centered. If i re adjust the passenger side to exactly how the other 2 are for the drivers side, could this fix my problem?

Drivers side Front- Dead Center

Drivers side Back- a little off center

Passengers side- front - as from center as the notch goes

passengers side back- as far from center as the notch goes

Steering wheel off center-

Yes i got it from Nic and i don't think it has anything to do with sleeve install bc it pulled to right directly after i installed UCAs. Anyone?

·
Registered
83 Posts
You need to have the alignment re done. If you start messing with the uca adjustment points you are messing with caster camber and toe which will destroy your tires in no time. Take it to a shop that has A) experienced alignment techs, and B) a warranty. Watch to make sure they test drive it before and after. If they are true alignment techs they should know exactly how to fix a pull. In the shop I worked in we had a couple techs that would try but when they couldn't correct it they dropped it on me to get it right. Also, ask for a printout that shows before and after. I personally don't trust hand measured alignments. A computerized alignment measures to within .01 of a degree with laser readings. I don't see how hand measurement can be that accurate or consistent.

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
subscribed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just got new tires, so now its time to fix this pulling to the right. i corrected the ucas so both the right and left sides are same, but still pulls to right. Gunna hbave a diff. alignment shop try and fix.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Alignment

My shop had a hell of a time alligning my truck when i had the front turned up. After lowering the t bars, they were able to get it perfect. The t-bars will pull the top of the tires inward if they are cranked up. This makes alinging it nearly impossible. I dont have the cognito ucas, but i'm guessing the principle is the same.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I took truck to another alignment shop, and both shops got the alignment as close as they said they could, but truck still pulls to right. not sure tried calling nick didn't pick up

·
Registered
217 Posts
Have a similar problem. checked tire pressure, new set of tires, alignment with a printout from a reputable shop, made sure front right and left sides were even height (adjusting torsion bars). Still pulls to the right even after Kryptonite UCA's....???

·
Registered
217 Posts
Bump, anything come about with this??

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm currently having this same issue... Did anyone find anything? A couple suggestions from people I found were :worn leaf spring bushings, weak leaf springs, broken or worn leaf center pin, loose U bolts, also hanging brakes and wheel bearing... When my truck was on the rack the tech said the front end was an inch from the edge of the rack and the rear was around three... His explanation is that it's "crab walking". They have everything in spec and even swapped tires to no avail. If anyone has any input I'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'm have same issue with a right pull after level and new control arms. Anyone ever figure it out?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts