Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
new fuel filter bled no bubbles no security light seems like its not getting fuel. i got bad fuel a few weeks ago and it idled high until second fill please help!!!!!!!! it also seems like the primer looses some pressure it usually is rock hard but after i crank i can pump it like ten times to get it hard but it seems like no fuel is getting to the motor at all.

· Im Superrrrr!
14,913 Posts
Might have a bad seal seal on the new fuel filter....try and give her a quarter turn and see if its still a bit loose. Same way with the WIF sensor.

prime and bleed again.

If that don't work loosen up the filter and make sure the Oring is seated right.

· Registered
1,540 Posts
X2^^
Also, make sure there isn't any rubber from the old filter left on the filter base.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok that didn't work.... it seems like NO!! fuel is getting to the motor. i replaced the ff housing before because of leaky leaky but it would still start with my bro pumping it. i tried that cracked while pumping it not even a jump in rpm. when my security light wold go off from remote starter it would do this but no security light on now just cranks could it be whatever controller is in charge of the security thing? also was having tranny issues as well could this be related

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also pressure builds then goesd away like i said seem's like no fuel is making it to the motor. could it be fpr from bad fuel?

· Im Superrrrr!
14,913 Posts
Seems you have alot of issues going on.

The security light being one and lack of keeping pressure.

Do you have a tuner on it as well?

Try to return the truck to stock....aka take off any tuner and take off the remote start and see if that fixes it.

When you say tranny problems?? What are they?

Is the truck reading any codes?

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no tuner the trouble withthe tranny was i got bad fuel idle went high 900 or so and the tranny when hot would shift into first late when coming to a stop so i would stop then thud first gear would engage.

· Im Superrrrr!
14,913 Posts
no tuner the trouble withthe tranny was i got bad fuel idle went high 900 or so and the tranny when hot would shift into first late when coming to a stop so i would stop then thud first gear would engage.
That sounds more like when my tranny was going out, than you having bad fuel. Fuel should not cause something like that. Unless I missed something.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
even when warm the tranny only does it like 2 or three times then it stops thunding into gear. i changed the spin on and the internal and all the fluid and that helped to.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
maybe the fuel had nothing to dso with the tranny but could 2 weeks later the fuel have somthing to do with why it wont start now? maybe somthing clogging it at the tank i'm grasping at straws here

· Im Superrrrr!
14,913 Posts
Its possible for the fuel to make it not start but I don't think it is.

Is it throwing any codes for the check engine light?

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got the codes

p 0700 trans control system fault
p1631 theft system password
p1781 eng torque signal or trans mil req
u1000 2 serial comm prob
p0128 coolent t-stat
p0102 mass air flo

ok i figured out the mass air one it was un plugged
the theft one stopped my truck from starting went away after they were cleared the rest someone please tell me what to do
ohh and thanks guys for the quick input i appreciate it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.