Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i punched it past this big rig to get off the off ramp and then i let off quickly the off ramp is down hill. i some times press the tow button so it down shifts when you brake. it sputtered a few times like it wasnt getting any fuel and died. I pressed on my brakes reallly hard and to stop since the car was off then i put it in park and cranked it over started right up THIS IS WEIRD im guessing its the fuel pump or the cp3 pump what yall think

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
get rid of the edge juice..it will do that to trucks it is known to just shut off trucks while driving

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
get rid of the edge juice..it will do that to trucks it is known to just shut off trucks while driving
or should i just un plug and plug back in

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
i dont know.. i just know it shuts trucks off while driving..causes them to run weird if you woulda ran out of fuel it woulda just went into limp mode

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had an Edge on my LB7 that did the same thing. It did not matter if you plugged and unplugged it in or not. I even sent it back to Edge for re-program and it continued. I agree with Kyle, get rid of it.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I sent mine back to them about 1 year ago. And knock on WOOD I have not had the truck just quit on me, It use to do it at least once a week.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright guys thanks ill think about getting rid of it but soo much fun soo much power at the push of a button hasnt shut off on me for a while now though. its done it before 1 time but if it continues ill get rid of it or send it back.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but then again before i bought the XDP fuel additive it was running sorta rough and when i turned it off when it was hot then tried to turn it back on it i have to crank it a couple times to get it on. 2 times it wouldnt even start. its a lot better since i got the xdp fuel additive and over dosed it instead of 1oz i did 2.5oz and doesnt run rough now. and has a little trouble starting when hot not as much though than before i got the XDP

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
PPE, QS2, EFI live,but you would have to buy gauges you wouldnt be able to use the edge

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PPE, QS2, EFI live,but you would have to buy gauges you wouldnt be able to use the edge
all of them and those are full time not at a push of a button?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what do you mean? you mean not switch on the fly? EFI you can with a DSP5 switch..but thats all
ya i like switchin on the fly so if i feel like crop dustin and going fast i turn it to 3 or 4 if i feel ike getting good mpg i turn it to 1

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same thing was going on with my 02 lb7 and after hours of four letter words and a new fuel filter and checking anything from A to Z and takeing my edge off. It was the stupid plastic bleeder screw and it had a hairline crack in it. So a dollar later at home depot now it has a stainless steel screw

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Same thing was going on with my 02 lb7 and after hours of four letter words and a new fuel filter and checking anything from A to Z and takeing my edge off. It was the stupid plastic bleeder screw and it had a hairline crack in it. So a dollar later at home depot now it has a stainless steel screw
hmmm thanks ill check that maybe get a new one did ur truck have trouble starting too ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah it would do it like once a week and slowly got worse then i would lose prim and the only reason i figured out what it was was when i went to tighten it and broke it off then noticed it had cracks all in it

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah it would do it like once a week and slowly got worse then i would lose prim and the only reason i figured out what it was was when i went to tighten it and broke it off then noticed it had cracks all in it
hmmm ill check mine tomorrow where did u get the screw that fit in its place?
god i hope thats the problem

1 - 20 of 31 Posts