Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has startd doing something strange. I parked on a slight incline (front of the truck pointed uphill) one day at work with the fuel guage on E. I cranked the truck to leave and put it in reverse and it died. Went to restart and it would not fire. Hand pumped fuel to check for air, no obviuos air bubles. Tried cranking again for 30 sec to one minute and she fired up. This has happened twice more, once with low fuel and once with a quarter tank, all with the truck pointed slightly up hill. The truck is an 06' 4x4 duramax. It has a diablo programmer on a medium setting. Anyone have any ideas of what is going on. The truck has always restarted, but I have to turn it over for a while before it will start. Thanks for the help, JS.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
when was the last time you changed your fuel filter?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its about time for a fuel filter. The info center says about 7% left.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I would definitely change that asap. If I had to guess....that is probably what is the cause of your problems.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Put new fuel filter and it still did it. I have '06 LBZ with 30k and park on a incline.. I also noticed it only does it when I have 1/4 tank or less. Still have not figred out what it is.. I just try and keep it at half tank or more..

·
Registered
3 Posts
jdw

My truck has startd doing something strange. I parked on a slight incline (front of the truck pointed uphill) one day at work with the fuel guage on E. I cranked the truck to leave and put it in reverse and it died. Went to restart and it would not fire. Hand pumped fuel to check for air, no obviuos air bubles. Tried cranking again for 30 sec to one minute and she fired up. This has happened twice more, once with low fuel and once with a quarter tank, all with the truck pointed slightly up hill. The truck is an 06' 4x4 duramax. It has a diablo programmer on a medium setting. Anyone have any ideas of what is going on. The truck has always restarted, but I have to turn it over for a while before it will start. Thanks for the help, JS.
i have a 04 lly extent cab with a 9' utility boday 1 ton i have the same problen even with the tank full. it goes away if i change the fues filter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone tried a fuel level sender? I noticed how many hoses are on the sender and if it makes a diffrence how its parked and the level in the tank on weather it starts or not it would make sense....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts