Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 chevy duramax disel 6.6
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working to replace the water pump on my boyfriends truck. I ran into some issues and a storm rolled in. As of now, I have everything taken apart and even the fuel injector disconnected. This morning I heard a noise like a vehicle trying to turn over repeatedly. I wasn't sure what it was I went outside and sure enough it was the truck trying to turn over on its own. My question is has anyone ever heard of that happening? What could be causing it? And would that do any damage to the engine as it has no coolant or half the parts in there? Should I be looking for another problem now?

I dont know if it matters but it is a chevy duramax disel 6.6 2500

·
Registered
37 Posts
Something similar happened to my friends 02 Duramax...I believe he replaced bcm and ignition switch and it fixed the problem... not sure which of those items was the problem, also might want to check security system.. and if you haven’t already, disconnect batteries... hope this helps.. good luck.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Disconnect the negative battery cables before doing work.
Does the truck have an aftermarket auto start?
I've seen them cause that.

Reactions: mray
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.