Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys this one is a brain buster. My truck kept saying range shift inhibited and IT DOESN'T MOVE IN ANY GEAR!!! I replaced the NSBU switch and still nothing happens but now i can see the little line below every gear. After i replaced the nsbu switch the truck threw 3 codes. P0748, P0763, P0768. I replaced the pressure switch and my buddy deleted the codes... so no more codes but still no movement.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Remove the large connector at the rear of the trans-- it should default to 3rd and reverse. See if it moves then.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
What if it does or doesn't?
When you disconnect the large connector look for tranny fluid in the connection...happened to me.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
The fluid level OK--checked running. Not trying to be a Smart Ass--- this has happened before.

Next to the screw on fliter is a pipe plug- with the engine off- remove the plug put a drain pan under it and start the engine- should have a good flow. That checks that the pump is working and not sucking air.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts